Trying to live with Airsource

Alfapat

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

So "Air Source 1" let you down?

Yes to be blunt , they agreed to take the system on with the approach of Freedom Pumps , charged me 4500 to correct the system installed by a Central belt company who went bust a year after install , and when I asked them to service it and find out  about a fault it had E920 if I recall , they said they didn’t know enough about Samsung , so I didn’t phone them again!

53 minutes ago, Alfapat said:

Yes to be blunt , they agreed to take the system on with the approach of Freedom Pumps , charged me 4500 to correct the system installed by a Central belt company who went bust a year after install , and when I asked them to service it and find out  about a fault it had E920 if I recall , they said they didn’t know enough about Samsung , so I didn’t phone them again!

Just what exactly did they do for £4500?

50 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Just what exactly did they do for £4500?

So original plant was two pumps , not required they said , sold 9kw , reset 16kw with larger copper flow pipes instead of plastic, and further from wall. , better insulation , magnetic filter and glycol in fluid , plus a number of small things........ nightmare . Well you would wouldn’t you if you thought , finally it might work properly.

12 hours ago, Alfapat said:

Ok , so I’m watching Smart meter!

So Midnight after setting the flow to 55 degrees which is maximum with no hot water used the House 21.4 Outside 3.8 Hot water 39.2  Circ. 48 degrees

Bath run  !

Morning - House  8.30  21.5  Outside 3.8   Hot water 39.8   Circ. 41.5

Something not right. What else. I will check parameters/field settings.

I think you need to establish that it is switching from DHW to space heating and not trying to do both at the same time.

It is normal, because of the limited power of a heat pump vs a gas boiler,  to only do one at a time.  So I would expect when it is heating the water tank, the space heating (I can't remember if it is UFH or radiators) goes off.  Can you confirm that is the case?

12 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Under Floor heating.  How is the house heated?  The point is working correctly when heating the hot water, the radiators or whatever heats the house should go cold.

Ah OK, so no underfloor heating here.

I will try and check that . 

I don’t know if this helps me or you guys. 2BAEF5E6-8D2E-42B6-8382-A7CEEF1D0A42.thumb.jpeg.c16f4a3bc9879ffb396c2110c196bbaa.jpeg

Edited by Alfapat

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

I think you need to establish that it is switching from DHW to space heating and not trying to do both at the same time.

It is normal, because of the limited power of a heat pump vs a gas boiler,  to only do one at a time.  So I would expect when it is heating the water tank, the space heating (I can't remember if it is UFH or radiators) goes off.  Can you confirm that is the case?

To determine the switch over then ,there should be no heat icon showing at top right of controller , would that be correct , similarly the water tank symbol should not be active if rads/heat is on ?

4 hours ago, Alfapat said:

Ha, they are cold just now as no requirement for heat but monitoring.

4hours on Circ. 49.6 Hot water 39.6 . Just saying. Outside 1.8 c

Radiators on 20 c

NOT CORRECT . I will leave 55 flow and 48 DHW FOR a while.