Soundproofing my front door

Christeeen

Hi, I live opposite a major road and am trying to prevent as much noise from the road as possible coming in my front room.

The windows are double glazed and my husband has sealed around them. He has put a weather seal around the front door but we are still getting a lot of noise through the front door. We have hung a curtain which helps. I am considering putting a piece of Perspex on the inside of the door which I think will help. 
Has anyone tried this or have a better idea to solve our problem?

Christeeen

3 minutes ago, Christeeen said:

I am trying to make my home warm and less noisy. 
My front door is hollow.

uPVC or steel / timber ..?? Only way to deaden the sound is a heavy door or multiple layers or both. Perspex won’t help, it will just vibrate.

Can you construct an inner porch instead ..? 

Can you add a secondary seal/jamb on the door frame to get a better/secondary/tertiary seal.  It only needs to be as wide as the seal.

One way of damping sound/vibration, is to add random masses, in random places, they do not have to be ridiculous heavy.

Can you build a fence in the front?  A bit of experimenting and you may be able to make one that dampens a fair amount of the noise.

If you have a neighbour with a loud car (usually a young male), some of this up the exhaust one night may help.

image.png.bbfc7799617b883b07c9e4f44f35e7b2.png

Only £5.99 from Toolstation.