Near Disaster Avoided kit : what's in yours ?

Back to the question in issue, I discovered today that a as multi purpose lubricant, such as silicone grease, is a must have I in the emergency kit:

got home on my bicycle. Went to bike shed, could barely unlock it, certainly couldn’t lock it. Rushed around the house looking for my WD40. Couldn’t find it. Found some silicone grease, bike shed lock working again and bike is safe.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Adsibob said:

Wow, those percentages sound very low to me. Surely you need to love what you do most of the time. I’ve been struggling with my job for a while and am determined to write as soon as I can find something better, but even I love about 10% to 15% off the current gig.

Interesting. I’ve loved the building work maybe 15% of the time, enough to contemplate doing it again sometime, and truly there were some lows. 

• Like 1

Summarising only slightly tongue-in-cheek: 

@Jilly  First Aid kit , with OOD paracetamol and non-stick plasters Tyre deflator

@TonyT  A couple of speed-fit 15mm and 22mm push fit blanks,  BBQ,  Dust sheets, a mop, bucket and cloths.  
Spare Haggis (when north of the border)
 30 amp junction boxes
 A selection of terminal blocks / 2.5mm and 1.5mm cable and other stuff just to make electrics temporarily safe.
 My plumbing tool box.. stop ends.. 15, 22 and 28mm pipe.. all the stuff I need to fix small leaks.. plus a big set of crimps and bungs if I get a big burst a big pipe. here all I want to do is to reduce the flow so things don't flood.
 My general tool box.. and boxes of screws and fixings also a few small bits of timber.
 At home I keep some Acrow props and a few lengths of 6 x 2 and 4x 2 timber that I can nip back for.

@MJNewton  @Canski Cable ties : releasable

@SteamyTea  Expletive Deletion Kit (Bosch), KY jelly , superglue , soft soap, warm water

@Adsibob Silicone grease

@ToughButterCupMagnetic  screwdriver bit-set where each bit of the bit-set is geo-locatable to within 5mm

Anymore for anymore? 

Edited by ToughButterCup
  • Haha 1