Unit doors at different heights

James94

Is this the norm, I have started to install the kitchen units and have noticed there is some difference in door heights and I cant seem to work out what to do for the best. I have attached a picture to try and explain it better and also one of a response from the manufacturer.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards  James

thumbnail_IMG_3305.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3312.jpg

6 minutes ago, James94 said:

The unit on the right which is lower, is a pull out bin with a combination door so I’m not sure if this can be adjusted

What make of kitchen units?

Show us a picture of the inside of this pull out bin unit, particularly where the door joins the pull out frame.

12 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Actually I remember having difficulty lining my pull out bin door with the rest (and I have been fitting kitchens for years 🤷‍♂️.)

Same with an integrated dishwasher.  At least with that you adjust the feet on the DW for final adjustment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James94 said:

a response from the manufacturer

So the 'combination door' is 3mm shorter? Nobody seems to have asked about the bottom edges of the two doors? Is it that you 'get' there must be height difference (I don't) and just want some suggestions about hiding it?

26 minutes ago, Jonny said:

This is done on purpose, the pull out doors need clearance on the worktops. Where as the in frame drawers/doors don’t need this same clearance. Once the worktop is on it won’t be so noticeable. 

Not if the bottoms don’t line up like @Radian says above 🤷‍♂️

IMO the door on the left (and others if the same) need lowering by a couple of mm by loosening the fixing screws into the frame and sliding the hinge down in the slot) the bin door needs raising (using the slot like @ProDave says above) to match the height of the other door(s). Simples 😎

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

This is done on purpose, the pull out doors need clearance on the worktops. Where as the in frame drawers/doors don’t need this same clearance. Once the worktop is on it won’t be so noticeable. 

That might be true for a dishwasher,but this is a pull OUT door for a bin so should be identical.

If this door really is 3mm shorter than the rest , it is the wrong door and needs replacing.

P.S my dishwasher with it's pull down door operates quite normally with it's standard door exactly the same height as all the other doors.  I don't believe anyone really does use shorter non matching doors.

I’ve just fitted an in frame kitchen from mayflower and had the same issues. The door sizes were 4mm smaller from the fixed in frame to the pull out in frame. The pull out bin door takes the inframe section with it. Rather than leaving it attached to the cabinet 

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I’ve just fitted an in frame kitchen from mayflower and had the same issues. The door sizes were 4mm smaller from the fixed in frame to the pull out in frame. The pull out bin door takes the inframe section with it. Rather than leaving it attached to the cabinet 

That for me is a good reason for NOT using an inframe kitchen then, some of the doors shorter than the rest would annoy my OCD.

• Like 1