Dry Storage

nod

We started our first build in November so made building the two garages for storage was a priority 

Starting in dry weather this time has made this less of a priority But really should have been done first 

But great to get the garage workshop covered in 

Myself and my wife started at 6am yesterday with storms forecast later that day Luckily they failed to materialize Which allowed us to get it watertight 

FC81C586-C76C-4F5F-8DF9-A7810BCC8328.jpeg

• Like 3

Ughhhh, too right. 

For us a shipping container became two, and then an additional strong-box and then..... 

And now I can't wait to get rid of them (I have to tell SWMBO) while secretly thinking over-my-dead-body-pal.

Funny how I've had to build her a potting shed, a play house for the children and the greenhouse from heaven.

"Without the containers sweetheart, where'm I going to store the tools to make your next summer-house?"

Silence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes I built my workshop first, under permitted development, so had somewhere to store stuff and keeps tools during the build, a container came next but hopefully that will go soon(ish, if I clear the crap out of it).

• Like 2

Yep a double garage and two 20 foot shipping containers. You can ave too much storage! We're trying to empty them all, but its one box out of storage and two boxes back in. The garage is just a junk yard at the moment. I need to do some tip runs and about 6 trips to the scrap yard!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Yes I built my workshop first, under permitted development, so had somewhere to store stuff and keeps tools during the build, a container came next but hopefully that will go soon(ish, if I clear the crap out of it).

Yes an absolute must As already the hot weather and rural location made me take my eye off the ball I’ve hardly any room in my van for my day job 

It will make life easier 

30 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

Ughhhh, too right. 

For us a shipping container became two, and then an additional strong-box and then..... 

And now I can't wait to get rid of them (I have to tell SWMBO) while secretly thinking over-my-dead-body-pal.

Funny how I've had to build her a potting shed, a play house for the children and the greenhouse from heaven.

"Without the containers sweetheart, where'm I going to store the tools to make your next summer-house?"

Silence.

Yes the workshop is 10 x 7.5 meters with an upstairs I’ve still to put two Velux windows in But Deborah has already said that once the build is finished there will be one key and it will be around her neck 

No building related items 😁

• Haha 1

Arranging to be able to keep our static caravan as a garden building has proved to be a good move, another 28 square metres of dry floor area at effectively no or little cost and not included when valuing for council tax. (imagine how much extra it would have cost to build another 28 square metres of floor space to the house) 

49 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Is that just the upstairs or the whole garage 🤷‍♂️

The whole lot I built two at our last house and they ended up full of building C**p

So she has a point 

• Like 2

On 04/09/2022 at 09:32, nod said:

Myself and my wife started at 6am yesterday with storms forecast later that day Luckily they failed to materialize Which allowed us to get it watertight 

23 hours ago, ToughButterCup said:

That is the difference, Nod's wife built the shed/garage/workshop.