Expanding foam

davejura

15 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Yep. I've just gone and shaken two cans of FM330 and a can of Soudal Low Expansion foam. All 3 dated 12/2023. They all are unopened, so full and all make a slopping sound.

I have 6 and have given each one a shake. Two make a lot of slopping sound where as the rest bearly make a sound. I'll try a sloppy one.

Ref the FM330:

- Storage Store in shaded dry conditions between +10°C and +25°C. Store canisters upright. The product is contained in a pressurised container - observe storage instructions and do not apply heat.

- Shelf Life 15 months when stored as recommended in original unopened containers

31 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Ref the FM330:

- Storage Store in shaded dry conditions between +10°C and +25°C. Store canisters upright. The product is contained in a pressurised container - observe storage instructions and do not apply heat.

- Shelf Life 15 months when stored as recommended in original unopened containers

Temperature range was fine, but they were on their side as packed by supplier. All dated mid to end next year. Arrived in May this year (5 months ago)

Edited by MortarThePoint

Speaking of foam guns I’ve just found mine in the garage with a can still attached to it. For long term storage I normally remove the can and thoroughly flush out with gun cleaner however this time I must’ve forgotten or assumed I was going to use it again imminently but 18 months have gone by and that didn’t happen.

So… I was assuming I’d need a new gun but I gave it a squirt and after a brief moment where nothing happened out it came and it worked as good as always!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MortarThePoint said:

Temperature range was fine, but they were on their side as packed by supplier. All dated mid to end next year. Arrived in May this year (5 months ago)

May be unrelated, but what temperatures did you experience late August/early September? My garage was over 35oC and I was thinking about all the various products that often have maximum storage temperatures below that!

9 hours ago, Radian said:

May be unrelated, but what temperatures did you experience late August/early September? My garage was over 35oC and I was thinking about all the various products that often have maximum storage temperatures below that!

It was in the house we're currently living in so temperatures were OK. I'd be surprised if it went above 25C

I had a similar problem with cans of fm330, box of 12 bought from the same eBay seller last year. I used about 7 cans initial, then about a year later none of rest would work. Was like they'd lost pressure, even felt that you could squeeze the can. All still in date.