Discharge / Removal of Conditions

RichS

Does anyone know the correct form to complete for the Discharge of Conditions.

I have to supply drainage details, window details etc. I have all these to hand but I'm not sure which form to fill in. Is it the "Application for approval of details reserved by condition" or is there another form that sounds more fitting??

I've tried my local council website and the Planning Portal but can only find the above. I have managed to find that the cost is £28.00.

OK, I've done a lot more searching on the web and it seems that I have the correct paperwork in the above. If anyone knows differently please shout up but failing that I'll go ahead with what I've got :)

Hi Vijay,

I had a look on their website and it seems to throw up the same form.

I didn't go through them for the initial planning app. and now although I've registered to the site I can't bring up any details of my permission. Seems that you can't register post permission and then see anything about your plans.

Hi RichS,

I did exactly this on Friday. All the mandatory forms were already completed. It doesn't ask to see any of the previous plans etc. in the form it does ask for your planning permission reference. I guess that this should be enough. 

However, I would be careful about the fees? If its a new dwelling, then its £97. If its an extension then £28 sounds the right figure. 

Hope all goes well.

On another note: 

- How long would it normally take to discharge the pre commencement conditions? I just have the routine conditions like bricks/mortar, Glazing, Window colours etc. I understand that there is a legal limit of 8 weeks. however, in ones experience how long does this usually take?

- Also, what is the definition of 'construction works'? The reason for my question is, as all the pre commencement conditions relate to the superstructure, is it ok to commence ground works before the conditions are discharged?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Vel810 said:

On another note: 

- How long would it normally take to discharge the pre commencement conditions? I just have the routine conditions like bricks/mortar, Glazing, Window colours etc. I understand that there is a legal limit of 8 weeks. however, in ones experience how long does this usually take?

- Also, what is the definition of 'construction works'? The reason for my question is, as all the pre commencement conditions relate to the superstructure, is it ok to commence ground works before the conditions are discharged?

Thanks

Mine took 7 weeks and 3 days to do the brick and roof sample approval ..!

Beware of starting as it also affects your CIL exemption - make sure that is back and approved before you stick a spade in the ground. Some councils will let you start groundworks, others make you wait ....!

11 hours ago, RichS said:

"Application for approval of details reserved by condition"

That's what the forms were entitled that I used....1st submission took 24 hours to discharge, 2nd submission took a month and some back and forth dialogue.

Im a bit confused.

I'm looking at my Notice of Grant of Planning Permission and it contained three conditions - 1. start within three years, 2. house to be built in accordance with the approved drawings and 3 colour of roof covering. 

Then in I have a a Plan Cerificare Schedule of Comments from the private building control company. This list eight items, six dealing with the structure and two drainage.

I'm assuming it's only the second list I need to get signed off and this is done directly with the  private BC company?

The conditions for planning permission are the 3 you stated above, they need to be discharged by your local authority PLANNING department. I would wait until the build has commenced and try and discharge at least 2 if not all three altogether. I presume the colour of the roof is to blend with neighbouring properties etc.

The other 8 as you say are to do with your private building control company and will be checked during the build by their inspector.

Planning and building control are two completely separate entities

Ah right, so we're talking about Planning Department Conditions.

As you suggest, the three conditions can only be met by actually building the house! No doubt others have conditions that need to be met before commencement! 

31 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Ah right, so we're talking about Planning Department Conditions - No doubt others have conditions that need to be met before commencement! 

Yes, this is certainly the case for us - we have to have the roof and external wall materials approved prior to commencement. It is interesting to note the possible lead times the Planning Departments require for such matters. That said, I have been in touch with ours ahead of such notification and they seem to be content with web links via e-mail as opposed to an actual site visit. This should assist us in cutting down any delays in seeking approval.

PW.

Thanks for all the replies.#

The paperwork was indeed what I had already found.

The bad news was it cost me £97.00 when I thought it was going to be £28.00.

Apparently the lower figure is for extensions etc. not a complete new build.

Be advised that the fee is per submission so you need to cram as much in as you can. Inevitably you won't be able to discharge some until you're actually complete.

Our determination took longer than 12 weeks so we ended up getting our fee back :)