What is used to fill spaces between plasterboard?

Hi - I assume these are natural. Most are way smaller , even seamless, than the ones in pic. The ones in picture are 'worst' of them. 

What is used? Only because I always like to research / pick better product than my builder may use. The plasterboards are acoustic, so would like to maintain highest level of acoustic soundproofing that is achievable. 

It will be skimmed then painted at the end. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 9.52.57 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-08 at 9.52.56 AM.jpeg

In my experience joins are taped before skim and that fills the gaps.

If they are particular large you could use LE foam and trim flush before taping (which seems to have happened in the bottom pic). 

Thank you for reassurance its normal. Poor guy must have struggled with the weight of acoustic plasterboard so a couple of 2-3mm gaps isn't a problem. 

Foam is interesting - and i've seen Acoustic filler foam available.... Worth it? 

12 minutes ago, JKami84 said:

Thank you for reassurance its normal. Poor guy must have struggled with the weight of acoustic plasterboard so a couple of 2-3mm gaps isn't a problem. 

Foam is interesting - and i've seen Acoustic filler foam available.... Worth it? 

We did in around all the door frames so there were no air gaps in the walls. Didn't bother between plasterbaord gaps as they weren't big enough and we have acoustic wool in the walls anyway.