AHP 60 ASHP 6KW

Jenki

HI all. Would anyone with some knowledge like to give me an opinion on the AHP60

ASHP. Spec attached.  its in conjunction with my other post, so run this to heat a 300L UVC for 2 camping pods.

the money is good, brand new 3 year warranty.   It is cheaper than the Dream units on ebay. and at this cost is sort of a no brainer unless someone see's a big issue.

I've taken into account that parts if not local will take an age from China, but the immersions (on the tank) will be my back up.

Might be convinced to buy 2 and use for the house as well...

AHP60Spec.pdf

How about an ESHP with a coil. Heating DHW and ventilation in one . You could use the heating coil as a take off to run the UFH. 

Granted the extract air would be stealing heat from the cabin in winter to heat the cabin, perhaps running it in external air only/partially then would work. 

Maybe it's a terrible idea?

25 minutes ago, Radian said:

Why do you say non invertor style? It says DC invertor?  

I thought the pool heater had large flow and return in the 2" range?

Also will heat water to 55 although the COP will fluctuate - I thought most pool heaters will only get to 40? 

Edited by Jenki
added info

20 minutes ago, ProDave said:

@Jenki could you post more details of this ASHP, brochure, install manual?  link to source?

At that price it looks good, is this a one off end of line special or a normal offering?  Is the guarantee with a recognised supplier / distributor?

AHP-60 Manual.pdf 

There's a couple left, maybe more, offered me a little saving if I bought 2. ?

9 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

How about an ESHP with a coil. Heating DHW and ventilation in one . You could use the heating coil as a take off to run the UFH. 

Granted the extract air would be stealing heat from the cabin in winter to heat the cabin, perhaps running it in external air only/partially then would work. 

Maybe it's a terrible idea?

I've got two cabins to supply, so the tank will be in an amenity  / service block, so just need to heat 300L of water and keep it warm to keep people happy.

9 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

At that price it us worth taking a chance.

In all reality, there is no real reason, apart from after sales service and performance guarantee, for a hp to cost much more than a posh fridge.

That's my thought... just want to make sure I'm not missing something..

I had looked at these a while ago from Orion Air sales. As there wasn't any good data there, I gave them a ring and they said it had no inverter. But the Chinese can never make the same thing twice so maybe it's got one now? I'm having some difficulty understanding the manual you uploaded. e.g. " Not have this now " does the crossing out mean it has now ?

2 minutes ago, Radian said:

I had looked at these a while ago from Orion Air sales. As there wasn't any good data there, I gave them a ring and they said it had no inverter. But the Chinese can never make the same thing twice so maybe it's got one now? I'm having some difficulty understanding the manual you uploaded. e.g. " Not have this now " does the crossing out mean it has now ?

I assumed and this is always a problem, that it was a standard controller and those parameters did nothing to the ASHP unit.?     

there is a note at the bottom 

"Note: some parameter is not effective for the unit, so the have a “---------------- ”

35 minutes ago, Radian said:

Often wondered about these pool heating ones, we used to sell them, but that was over 30 years ago and I took no interest in that side of the business.  Swimming pool sales people only come out when it is sunny.

If one bought a very cheap one, swapped the fan motor for a variable speed one, cobbled up some kind of feedback circuit, I wonder how good they would be.

Not as good as an all sing, all dancing unit, but probably good enough to warm a small house (like mine).

21 minutes ago, Jenki said:

AHP-60 Manual.pdf 1.9 MB · 3 downloads  

There's a couple left, maybe more, offered me a little saving if I bought 2. ?

It says no delivery to Lowlands, let alone Highlands.  Your negotiating should be to just to get delivery to the far north included.  Someone like Palletways would do that for about £100 per pallet.  2 might go onto one pallet for one delivery charge.

The advert clearly says it has an inverter, so if it turns out not to have, you have a good case for a refund.  hint, pay by credit card.

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

It says no delivery to Lowlands, let alone Highlands.  Your negotiating should be to just to get delivery to the far north included.  Someone like Palletways would do that for about £100 per pallet.  2 might go onto one pallet for one delivery charge.

was going to get them delivered to me in Preston and take them with me. on one of my trips.. hopefully got some storage sorted in Wick.

4 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

I'm thinking an all in one ESHP like @Thedreamer has might be an ideal fit. 

You can buy Chinese ones for about €1500, European ones more like €2000. 

but I'd need two, one for each pod so that's £3K - I've got a 300L (£200) UVC with Immersion as backup. 

My rough calcs. as I'm not sure how to calculate re-heat cost etc. but 300L raise temp of 40deg is around  15KW/H so @ 0.25p /KWH that's about £3.75 so lets call that a £5 a day with re heat.

with a COP of 2.0 it would be £2.5 saving so 1000/2.5 = 400 days?  I'm sure I've got that wrong with some big assumptions but a year or 2 its worth it..

5 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Same thing being advertised here.

https://www.airconditioningcentre.com/product/ahp-60/

Say Panasonic compressor, no mention of swimming pools

Same company.  - I do think it might not be an invertor  even though it says it in the headline - the spec says Rotary-

31 minutes ago, Jenki said:
54 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

but I'd need two, one for each pod so that's £3K - I've got a 300L (£200) UVC with Immersion as backup. 

I don't recall the size of your pods, but can you not make them close enough together that they share a "plant pod" and both run off the same ASHP and HW tank in the plant pod?

I assumed buying 2 was one for the pods and one for the house?

2 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I don't recall the size of your pods, but can you not make them close enough together that they share a "plant pod" and both run off the same ASHP and HW tank in the plant pod?

I assumed buying 2 was one for the pods and one for the house?

You are correct, 1 for both pods 1 for the house.  Pods are around 20M2.

The above was referring to ESHP idea, I thought these were smaller units and not enough capacity (DHW) for the two combined hence needing 2?

My idea is the plant room with 300L UVC and this ASHP, with backup Immersions.   Another topic will be how to divert heat to these immersions from excess solar PV 60M away......?

1 hour ago, Jenki said:

I do think it might not be an invertor  even though it says it in the headline - the spec says Rotary-

From the Chinesium table on page 22 of the PDF you uploaded:

• malfuction (sic) code FA : DC fan motor protection

(honestly, you couldn't make this stuff up and be any funnier ?)

So it looks to me like the fan is DC powered, possibly with a variable speed controller that they choose to call a 'super inverter'. I may well be wrong, but you'd obviously be looking for an inverter controlled compressor (the real power guzzler that could properly modulate the hot water output temperature).

3 minutes ago, Radian said:

the real power guzzler that could properly modulate the hot water output temperature

While I agree that having modulation on the compressor is a good thing, for basic heating, for most of the time, how much of a difference will it make.

Fitting an oversize buffer tank would allow for storage of higher than optimum temperature water, while still limiting the number of cycles.