DIY driveway options

Alexphd1

2 hours ago, Alexphd1 said:

resin bound

Local resin bound guy near us told me the other day that the price of resin has doubled in the last year....    If you go this route, make sure the pebbles have zero iron in them. Any iron content can rust which causes the pebbles to swell and the whole thing to break up.  There's been a few round here that have had to be ripped up under warranty and replaced.

Simon

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alexphd1 said:

OK,  narrowed driveway/patio down to two options. Concrete imprint and resin bound (one mixed then applied). Has anybody either diy ?

I’ve no experience of resin 

But imprinted is very easy 

Not your normal concrete 

I’ve purchased from Tilcon in the past 

I have witnessed imprint concrete and was very impressed with the look and longevity. However my brother in law had a resin bound driveway and parts are already suffering from power steering pulling the surface apart in places.

10 minutes ago, Roger440 said:

DIY, block paving everytime.

Our path and patio is laid to these but weeds grow in the gaps and I have to pressure wash to blow the weeds out annually. As an aside ours is laid on granite grit rather than sand and the pressure washing does not wash the granite away that can happen with sand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strange choices as both very different in look.  Which would suit the house best?

Imprint concrete is not Suds compliant, so more water run off, resin bound is Suds compliant as is lock block as they are both water open and let's water naturally soak away rather than run off.

Another alternative I have found is gravel mixed with lime, the lime goes hard over time and holds the gravel in place, they use in car show areas around us and been told it has next to no maintenance requirements.

Block paving is out. Two very different styles but both would suit house. Parents have concrete imprint done in the early 90's and it still looks V good with only sealed every few years. Slightly prefer the resin bound look but don't want problems.

Think Slightly swaying towards concrete imprints. 

23 minutes ago, Alexphd1 said:

Block paving is out. Two very different styles but both would suit house. Parents have concrete imprint done in the early 90's and it still looks V good with only sealed every few years. Slightly prefer the resin bound look but don't want problems.

Think Slightly swaying towards concrete imprints. 

I have some block paving for sell possibly . Nice design - long rectangular….