Walk in shower

Moggaman

4 hours ago, saveasteading said:

Bathwater is good for the garden.

Gardens don't need watering down here.  I think the average rainfall in Cornwall is greater than the average rainfall in Cumbria though the wettest place is in Cumbria).

4 hours ago, Iceverge said:

I assume our Kerradeco panels wouldn't be to your taste then.

Did you leave the protective wrapper on.

4 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

I think the average rainfall in Cornwall is greater than the average rainfall in Cumbria though the wettest place is in Cumbria).

Don't know what the annual average for Cornwall is but annual average for SW England & S Wales is 1277mm. Annual average for NW England and N Wales is 1338mm.

Nearest station to us is Bude and it's 905mm, always seems to be dreich when I go to Toolstation. Ambleside is 2103mm and on the dry side Manson is 613mm.

15 minutes ago, Gone West said:

Don't know what the annual average for Cornwall is

I don't know what it is in mm now, but was something that was highlighted on my Climate Change course.

It was really highlighting the difference between geopolitical and geotopology.

By rights, either Yorkshire or Devon should get the most rainfall, as they are the largest counties, and Rutland or IoW (depending on tide) should get the least.

My thinking is that High Wycombe is the wettest place, can drizzle for days there, days and days.

20 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

By rights, either Yorkshire or Devon should get the most rainfall, as they are the largest counties, and Rutland or IoW (depending on tide) should get the least.

But surely you need to compare rainfall for a set area, per sq m or something similar. When I was at school (in the dark ages) a rainfall gauge collected rain fir a given area?

3 minutes ago, joe90 said:

But surely you need to compare rainfall for a set area, per sq m or something similar. When I was at school (in the dark ages) a rainfall gauge collected rain fir a given area?

Rainfall is just measured in inches or mm (depending on your age)  i.e. a parallel sided bucket here would fill up with 750mm of rain each year.  It does not matter what size the bucket is.

• Like 1

Thanks all.. I’ll look at the panels… are they very obviously a plastic panel on the wall tho?.

on another note, I will be wall hanging 2 toilets onto block walls… should the frame be fixed to the wall first and the stud wall built around it or the other way around?.

thanks

42 minutes ago, joe90 said:

It is just down to mm/unit area.

But when it is reported, it becomes attached to a geopolitical area.

Same as wealth, pollution, cost of living etc.

There is nothing inherent in the words Cornwall or Cumbria that make the areas have more rainfall, it is more to do with topology.

43 minutes ago, ProDave said:

It does not matter what size the bucket is.

As long as the sides are parallel.

1 hour ago, Moggaman said:

I will be wall hanging 2 toilets onto block walls… should the frame be fixed to the wall first and the stud wall built around it or the other way around?

I'd build your stud wall first. What make, Geberit?

8 hours ago, joe90 said:

they charge that  a percentage goes down the drain whether it does or not!,

12 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

Gardens don't need watering down here.

Good points, both. Only saves money if it saves water piped in.

If you have a rainwater harvester your sewage bill becomes very small though, even if all your waste water heads that way.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

If you have a rainwater harvester your sewage bill becomes very small though, even if all your waste water heads that way.

Yes.  Why boreholes need to be registered.

If I had got an unregistered borehole when I moved here, I would be quids in now.

Really annoying as the high sewage charges are to help keep the beaches clean.  Then people let their dogs shit all over them.

If you have a dog, don't come to Cornwall, it is really an anti social thing to do.

3 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

If you have a dog, don't come to Cornwall, it is really an anti social thing to do.

No it’s not, it’s just those that don’t clean up after their dog that causes a nuisance. I am a dog owner (with poo bags).

6 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

But aren't you paying for sewage based on an artificially small measure of mains supply?

Yes,, and it is illegal.

Same with rainwater harvesting, it needs to be registered with South West Water.

8 minutes ago, joe90 said:

No it’s not, it’s just those that don’t clean up after their dog that causes a nuisance. I am a dog owner (with poo bags).

So that will be 4,999,999 visitors instead of 5,000,000.

Even the dog ban does not stop it.

It is a real problem, and if you ever see a seal with distemper that is transmitted by dog shit/piss, you may change your mind.

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

It is a real problem, and if you ever see a seal with distemper that is transmitted by dog shit/piss, you may change your mind

Oh I don’t doubt it’s a problem but don’t tarnish all dog owners with the same brush. I am sure there is more human waste around the coast than dog waste (given the allowed use of overflowing treatment plants after heavy rain).