What's the right tool for cutting corner alu profile?

Dreadnaught

I would make a real hash of that using a hacksaw, but perhaps a more skilled person would not.

Tin snips are very tricky and would not be very straight, but that is what a skilled metal-worker person would most likely do on site, using all three left, right and straight-cut snips.

I would probably try a chop saw, assuming there is a metal blade available for it, and first put a timber stiffener into the section to stop it deflecting during cutting.

I think that is basically what a window manufacturer would use, albeit on thicker metal.

At 1mm thick it’s a hacksaw or cutting disk, tinsnipsb would distort the profile and chip the powder coat. I would use an ultra thin cutting disk .. masking tape where you want to cut, mark the line and then straight through nice and clean, tape protects the coating

Depending on what angle you are trying to cut, you might be able to insert timber to strengthen to be aluminium  and clamp against other sections and use a cross cut saw with a very good blade. Try on waste pieces first.

Regards. James

Hacksaw with smallest teeth you can get.

Turn it so the blade is always at the correct angle when you transition from one face to the next.

Possibly put a wood block inside so it can be clamped. 

Take your time.

20 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

I was looking for one of those a few weeks back but no one had any stock - did the job with my reciprocating saw.

They are surprisingly good. I've got some aftermarket blades too. I've even been cutting M16 stainless steel studding with it. 

Someone has even converted theirs to a traditional band saw with the addition of a cutting bed. 

Edited by Onoff