Annoying noise in my bedroom

Hello,

Please check attached the MP3 file of a very annoying noise that is coming from the wall in my bedroom.

Do you have any idea what it can be?

The noise is a type of buzz that goes on and off randomly during the day and the night. I was thinking it might be the recirculating pump within an hypotetical boiler room attached to the wall on the other side.

Feel free to move the topic to the most appropriate section of the forum

Bedroom_Noise.mp3

39 minutes ago, Gone West said:

@MarcoP87 What is on the other side of the wall in question? Is it a cavity wall? Is there any correlation between the noise and wind speed?  I have heard a similar noise in the past which was a piece of roofing membrane vibrating under the gutter.

what ever it is has very distinct harmonics ~334 HZ, ~670 Hz, and ~1050 Hz, but also a peak at ~165 Hz.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69c

image.thumb.png.2950c8d3fb1ba40e153e5737cef838d7.png

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 1

listening to it, could it be a bathroom extraction fan or similar, pump which has slight variation in speed due to wind or load?

If the fan had an RPM of 2200, and had 9 blades it would come out with a blade pass frequency of 330 Hz.

It would be interesting to know when and under what conditions the noise occurs.

Edited by Moonshine

Can we have some context here.

Type of house?  Detached, terraced, age, type of build?

WHAT is the other side of the wall where the noise appears to be coming from?  (next doors house even?)

Does it occur at particular times of day?

What type of heating?

How long have you been there?  Has it happened all the time or just started happening?