Pipe run length

Ok so I’m STILL trying to plan UFH. I’ve been told by a number of different ppl (from suppliers to you lovely lot on here) totally different things re. Length of pipe run. 

my longest loop could be 270m.

Is this too long?
If I split it in to 2 135m runs is this still too long?

please help before I go completely mad!

Ok laying 16mm slimline pipes on 150mm centres (but if this isn’t a good plan then let me know!

to start with:

zone 1: 13.5sqm 100m 

zone 2: 40sqm 270m

zone 3: 7.8sqn 52m

zone 4: 7.8sqm 57m

zone 5: 7.2sqm 48m

Added in future:

zone 6: 20sqm 135m

zone 7: 15sqm 110m

zone 8: 90sqm 70m

thanks!

Assuming that all these loops are on the same manifold, then you have to run them all at the same flow temperature, so changing spacing from 150 to 200 for one loop is making life potentially a little more complex.

Do you have a problem with splitting the [original length] 270m loop into 2 or 3 loops? If not, go ahead and do that and stick with your 150mm spacing.

1 hour ago, BotusBuild said:

Assuming that all these loops are on the same manifold, then you have to run them all at the same flow temperature, so changing spacing from 150 to 200 for one loop is making life potentially a little more complex.

Do you have a problem with splitting the [original length] 270m loop into 2 or 3 loops? If not, go ahead and do that and stick with your 150mm spacing.

Sorry, I meant change all loops to 200mm spacing. Would save money on pipe costs too!! 
the only issue with splitting into 2-3 loops is the extra cost of the manifold and the extra width around the edge of the room for multiple runs.

Look after the pennies etc! 

Pipe is cheap, 

100m max preferred, I have a couple at 108m 

adding 1-2 ports on the manifold will only increase the cost by £20-£30 add in a couple more actuators another £30. 

Your fighting with the correct design to save £ 150.

Get wunda to do you a proper design it costs £50 if you buy there pipe.  

Thanks @BotusBuild for your advice, I’m still learning so don’t have the benefit of your extensive experience. 

@Russell griffiths ok so the 100m isn’t a solid cut off. Do you think my eventual zone 6&7 would be ok at 135m and 110m respectively? Or best split the 135m into 2 as well?

Think I’ll split the 270 into 3 loops then. 

Will I need a more powerful pump if I have a 11+ zone manifold and nearly 850m of pipe runs?!?

You won't need a more powerful pump because you are splitting that long loop. As Russell has said, just the extra port/s on the manifold and the extra actuators. The extra money will save a lot of time and frustration later.

You might get away with a 135m loop length, but go for the 3 shorter loops where you need 270m of pipe.