Lowering staircase

10 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Where is he? Is he dead (or just pinned under a steel).

What with no handrail and a complete disregard for WAH? I'm sure he'll be fine. 

Are there special requirements for working alongside harbours, best take your lifejacket!

43 minutes ago, joe90 said:

@pocster, missed this thread (been busy) I am coming to Bristol Monday and can give you a hand if you don’t mind waiting, I have some short scaff poles (that fit in my car). Let me know ?

Very kind . You can certainly come for a visit . But crane is booked for next week 

• Like 1

Just now, pocster said:

Very kind . You can certainly come for a visit . But crane is booked for next week 

There are crane owner's children getting private school educations because of your frivolity with money! 

efb.jpg.2d88685ce427c3f724f3390eea085376.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, pocster said:

But crane is booked for next week

Good move.  Make sure all the loads are securely slung.  Ask the operator to check as you lift.  You may need a walkie talkie if you can't see the operator.  Maybe just call his mobile.  Bet you wish you hadn't dragged the other string round one your own! 

30 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Good move.  Make sure all the loads are securely slung.  Ask the operator to check as you lift.  You may need a walkie talkie if you can't see the operator.  Maybe just call his mobile.  Bet you wish you hadn't dragged the other string round one your own! 

I pay extra for the crane control guy and the hooker ( might be the wrong terminology ) . So 2 guys . They do it all . I’ll just drill / bolt once in position 

Googled it ‘slinger ‘ not hooker - what was I thinking 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

I pay extra for the crane control guy and the hooker ( might be the wrong terminology ) . So 2 guys . They do it all . I’ll just drill / bolt once in position 

I'd have thought you'd be a dab hand at banking.

1 hour ago, pocster said:

I dread to think how much!

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

No price yet . But based on previous experience I reckon 500+ …. ??

Holly shit, is it that heavy, shame we can’t find a few fit chaps fir a bit of cash. I will pop in Monday.