Lowering staircase

@joe90 almost at test point 

50kg of outer weight sand to add . Ran out of swivel fixings . The put lock not particularly effective ? . Side arm is because pickup is to the side . Perhaps a fixing in the top of the concrete just to stop it sliding ?

Any final words before I test ??

0AB8BEAF-90A4-48BB-8CE7-DEA862B27DB1.jpeg

8AF755AE-2C4D-4D52-974F-FB6CFA321712.jpeg

CA024613-0587-4EFE-9064-09AE003D3451.jpeg

Edited by pocster

6 minutes ago, pocster said:

Any final words before I test

Or 

6 minutes ago, pocster said:

final words before I test

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

or 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50kg of sand being elusive - rocks will do .

Knocked a timber in to stop that leg sliding . Couldn’t get that clamp out  - those Fischer bolts are real crap . RS ones are brilliant no issues .

Ridiculously short power lead a pain . Testing imminent  

79AAFCF8-C572-4B6A-8948-584D99FCDAC9.jpeg

Got the new winch . Struggling too see how to lift it . Hook to large for holes . Straps to large for holes . They supplied some hooks ( assuming they are for lifting ) but don’t fancy my chances with them . Really need to lift it ‘ on its end ‘ rather than flat as it currently is …

Is there some other ‘strap’ type thing that would suit this better ?

3C5D6928-3F41-4BEB-B229-49849254271B.jpeg

Edited by pocster

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world" - Archimedes

Bolt or clamp something to the stringer that sticks out like an arm at right angles then you can carefully rotate the load. Even one of the treads maybe. Sit the bottom of the steel on some timber too or a rubber mat even better. To try and stop it slipping & protect the paint.

As you say it'd be easier if you had any friends! ?

Mind that thing doesn't slip off the top. Tie a strop on it.

Edited by Onoff
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world" - Archimedes

Bolt or clamp something to the stringer that sticks out like an arm at right angles then you can carefully rotate the load. Even one of the treads maybe. Sit the bottom of the steel on some timber too or a rubber mat even better. To try and stop it slipping & protect the paint.

Idiot diagram required ! 

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I think I know what you mean - but diagram required before I attend hospital