WWilts

Foul drainage

I would be nervy about having those length of runs and a joint under the house, especially when you could easily bring them round the house footprint 

• Like 1

Go around the outside unless absolutely necessary due to required falls and termination levels preventing the extended runs

• Like 1

Ours goes out and around at the back and front. Means a few more ICs but with Clarke drain covers you can have them in your drive or patio and never notice. 

Drain rods come in 10m packs so that should be the distance between ICs on the runs.

• Like 1

If you can get the falls, i would always get the foul out of the house as quickly as poss.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

Drain rods come in 10m packs so that should be the distance between ICs on the runs.

That isn't the max distance required in building regs it is 22m i think, Table 13 here

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/442889/BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdf

Though if the rods come in 10m packs i would out a max of 18m between inspection chambers so you have 9m + 1m overlap from either inspection chamber

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 1

No that is a poor design.  Maybe get your architect or whoever is doing your Building Regs to add this in because if you don't get it right it can be a real pain.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

That isn't the max distance required in building regs it is 22m i think, Table 13 here

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/442889/BR_PDF_AD_H_2015.pdf

Though if the rods come in 10m packs i would out a max of 18m between inspection chambers so you have 9m + 1m overlap from either inspection chamber

Fair enough - SE specced ours at 10m  - you're right though, one pack is never quite enough!

• Like 1

Thanks, all.

Was relying on stuff like this:

https://www.nhbc.co.uk/binaries/content/assets/nhbc/tech-zone/nhbc-standards/tech-guidance/5.3/p261---tg-5.3---y-junctions_v1.pdf

Rodding eye at one end, IC at other. One soil vent at east side. Air admittance valves in every bathroom/WC.
Pumping chamber situated 5m from dwelling.
Because discharge from pumping chamber would go under a drive, cast iron 100DN (instead of the black MDPE 90mm suggested earlier).

Might that work, despite the concerns expressed?

Posted (edited)

@WWilts I think the confusion is your drawing wasn’t clear, it looks like you have just drawn orange lines and not stopped at the walls. 

If you mark it up with rodding eyes on the end then that looks like a much better idea. 

Has your architect done you drawings with layers that that can be removed, that way you can have a drainage plan without all the other junk clouding peoples view. 

Edited by Russell griffiths
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

you can have a drainage plan without all the other junk

5m from house SW corner to pumping chamber

Any obvious flaws? 

62B drainage west option 210325.jpg

block plan with drainage.
Any obvious flaws?

62B block plan annotated drainage 210325.jpg