Cheap temporary kitchen

Pocster

Any recommendations?

Been looking online and for around 300 can get a very small kitchen set.

I'm going to butcher this to suit our temporary needs ( 'temporary' means I reckon maybe a year with it )

I'll buy the appliances we want e.g. cooker, hob etc. and just wack them in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GaryM said:

Aldi single induction hob £35, brilliant, I prefer to our Siemens £1000 hob.  I think Lidl does them too

Thanks. The appliances aren't the issue it's cheap units/fronts/worktop .

All going to end up in the skip at some point....

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Yeah I looked at that.

Looks suitably cheap and undoubtedly shit. Could do with more base units ( guess I could just buy those ).

For once I was trying to be a REAL cheap scape!

12 minutes ago, pocster said:

Thanks. The appliances aren't the issue it's cheap units/fronts/worktop .

All going to end up in the skip at some point....

ok, I presume you haven't got an existing Kitchen your removing to butcher?

Just a thought, why don't you phone local kitchen fitters to find out if they have any old kitchens they are removing you can have?

WHY will it end up in the skip?

Why not just buy less of the units of your final kitchen for now = no waste?

Or buy the units that will make up your utility room, and use them as a kitchen for now?

We knew we were eventually having granite worktops so we bought the kitchen units and a cheap laminate worktop.  We left that worktop a bit over length for the kitchen and used it, and then later it got moved to the utility room.

2 minutes ago, ProDave said:

WHY will it end up in the skip?

Why not just buy less of the units of your final kitchen for now = no waste?

Or buy the units that will make up your utility room, and use them as a kitchen for now?

We knew we were eventually having granite worktops so we bought the kitchen units and a cheap laminate worktop.  We left that worktop a bit over length for the kitchen and used it, and then later it got moved to the utility room.

?

TBH I'd probably stick it on eBay for £100 buyer collects ( and dismantles )

We have no utility room.

I'm special. My house is special

I'm going to build my temp kitchen in the middle of the under ground dungeon deliberately to keep away from walls as they aren't complete. Also I don't want to move the temp kitchen.

To make it stronger I can bolt the units together. I was thinking about a 'false' wall behind them to mount the wall units on. But I can't fix to the floor due to UFH - ct1 a wooden supporting structure to the screed?????

If you have a Howdens account keep an eye on their special offers, they often sell off end of line left over units or worktops really cheap. Just having a look back and they have had odd kitchen units for as little as £10 and 3M worktops for £30.  All very much branch dependent I would think.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

If you have a Howdens account keep an eye on their special offers, they often sell off end of line left over units or worktops really cheap. Just having a look back and they have had odd kitchen units for as little as £10 and 3M worktops for £30.  All very much branch dependent I would think.

Tomorrow I'll go and open an account. I'm sure on the spot some extra 'deals' will appear! 

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Does it have an oyster knife?

(Update: I see it has a spaghetti-fingers, but I'm on Cornish Oysters this week. What's the Trangia about?)

UTENSILS.jpg

• Haha 1