Induction Hobs with LARGE rings?

So far, I've only encountered induction hobs whose actual heating rings are perhaps 10-15cm diameter. 

My largest pans are 30cm or such, which means that even though they claim to be heatspreading, food gets heated very unevenly, with anything in the center cooking (and then blackening) much faster than the rest. 

Does anyone have an induction hob where one-or-more of their burners actually is 30-ish cm? Or is that a physical impossibility somehow?

7 hours ago, puntloos said:

Does anyone have an induction hob where one-or-more of their burners actually is 30-ish cm? Or is that a physical impossibility somehow?

Yes. 
No.

Big Neff here, £££

21 minutes ago, joth said:

Bora Pure X has 150 and 180mm zones but you can bridge them to create a 240mm zone. I don't understand the maths at work there either

The bora ones look good. But they are so rubbish at supplying good information.  It's all marketing fancy pictures rather than just writing down in simple words what it does. 

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

Here, for example, is a Siemens $£""%$£^$^$^$&&^%*&(*)_()&*&%^%%$£%$£%* with a Flexinduction Zone from Appliances Direct at £750, at 15% (already taken) off.

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/77641460%2f1%2fex879fvc1e/siemens-776414601ex879fvc1e-iq700-5-zone-induction-hob-hob

F

If you read the blurb you’ll see the large centre ring is 240mm diameter which should be sufficient. 

to be honest I cannot think of any occasions we have needed either of the 2 flexi-zones we have and standard rings would not have sufficed and saves ££ in the process.

56 minutes ago, daiking said:

If you read the blurb you’ll see the large centre ring is 240mm diameter which should be sufficient. 

to be honest I cannot think of any occasions we have needed either of the 2 flexi-zones we have and standard rings would not have sufficed and saves ££ in the process.

Yeah the massive flexizone is overkill - I guess 24cm is fine-ish with the full pan diameter being 30 (at the top.. i think, so the base is probably pretty close to 25).

I think my rings are 15cm. Result:

PXL_20201229_192405939_(1).thumb.jpg.eff369ee23a8df451d481fc4187bd154.jpg

Not the end of the world but annoying, not just with the pan but also while cooking.

2 minutes ago, puntloos said:

Yeah the massive flexizone is overkill - I guess 24cm is fine-ish with the full pan diameter being 30 (at the top.. i think, so the base is probably pretty close to 25).

I think my rings are 15cm. Result:

PXL_20201229_192405939_(1).thumb.jpg.eff369ee23a8df451d481fc4187bd154.jpg

Not the end of the world but annoying, not just with the pan but also while cooking.

Ours is 5 years old now but the current equivalent has a centre ring that 320mm diameter