Help

Help needed20

I'd probably guess at penetrating damp or rising damp, especially since the radiator is so close.

Even if that air vent was working (if it currently isn't), it probably wouldn't fix that problem.

What type of wall construction is it? Damp Proof Membrane in place? Pointing on the outside in good condition?

Any downpipes, guttering on the other side that has leaks?

what’s the wall construction?

What’s the floor construction?

under floor vents clear if any?

what’s the room used for?
Drying clothes with excessive moisture?

any extractor fans?

is the heating used in the room?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rempro-Neutraliser-Anti-sulphate-Tanking-Treatment/dp/B075HLS6L4/ref=asc_df_B075HLS6L4/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=255660170781&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17943681255650039812&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046864&hvtargid=pla-427215058929&psc=1

For removing salts.

42 minutes ago, Help needed20 said:

Exterior wall with the vent is a cavity wall , concrete floor , room is  extended kitchen,  heating goes on no clothes put in this area , no downpipes or anything with leaks

What about the roof?

I wonder if there is a leak over the cavity and water is dripping all the way down

I have to question rising damp there. Looks like the render has go over the top of the DPC with no break in it. That left hand wall looks very damp also, paint peeling etc. How wet is the ground around there?

Digging a trench next to the wall and filling with pea gravel may help, but i'd say a DPC bridge is going to be an even bigger issue.

• Like 1

I expected the wall with the radiator to be an external wall.  But looking at the outside picture it must be an internal wall?  What is the other side of the wall with the radiator?

Agreed the render should not go down into the ground like that, though it is a common fault.  That was exactly what caused the damp in a previous 1930's house that I had.  Once I chopped off the lower render, exposed the perfectly good slate DPC, ended the render just above the DPC it all dried out nicely.