Makita Powered "Clones"

Onoff

Purchased on a whim! Makita battery powered reciprocating saw. Didn't really need one but...

IMG_20201204_060239.jpg.03df1268b94b082a46a751253df53499.jpg

IMG_20201204_060306.jpg.bbec3976de3f0ae50716d4cec4459664.jpg

https://m.banggood.com/Cordless-Handheld-Electric-Reciprocating-Saw-Saber-Saw-W-or-12X-Blades-For-Makita-18V-Battery-p-1723641.html?

3-5 days from the Czech Republic. We'll see! 

EDIT: Just found it on WISH for half what I paid! ?

https://www.wish.com/c/5f23f92e7c363e2a618f53da?

Edited by Onoff

Trying to cancel a Banggood order, even though you apparently can.....what a mission!

Talking to a service bot that states 24/7 working. So wtf does it say "Beyond working hour"?

The site, well I'm finding it horrible to navigate. The English is pretty poor.

Not sure tbh if I've managed to cancel the order or not. The status says "processing".

Lesson learnt...probably not!

Also available for about £10 if you scroll down ... UK seller too .!!

I thought Wish was a reseller portal anyway and not the actual retailer ..?? so what you have seen may actually be on Banggood / Aliexpress etc. 

Trying to cancel a Banggood order, even though you apparently can.....what a mission!

Talking to a service bot that states 24/7 working. So wtf does it say "Beyond working hour"?

The site, well I'm finding it horrible to navigate. The English is pretty poor.

Not sure tbh if I've managed to cancel the order or not. The status says "processing".

Lesson learnt...probably not! ?

• Haha 1

Give them their due they've come back acknowledging I want to cancel, asking why and if there's anything they can do to keep my order etc. 

I've just said I made a mistake.

See what transpires. 

On 04/12/2020 at 12:46, Conor said:

A bit off topic...

I see a lot of "Makita" products at less than half the normal price. Are these genuine? What's the catch?!

Nope they are copies - some even have the name “Matika” on them in the same font .. 

On 04/12/2020 at 12:46, Conor said:

A bit off topic...

I see a lot of "Makita" products at less than half the normal price. Are these genuine? What's the catch?!

The cheap models I got off ITS come without any packaging. Each part (drill, battery, charger) was just in a plain brown box. At least the Screwfix impact driver has full branded packaging.

4 minutes ago, daiking said:

The cheap models I got off ITS come without any packaging. Each part (drill, battery, charger) was just in a plain brown box. At least the Screwfix impact driver has full branded packaging.

You can't seriously be worried about the packaging??? How does it all perform?

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

You can't seriously be worried about the packaging??? How does it all perform?

I’m not ? I was just mentioning in passing. 

(Although I was underwhelmed by a 3Ah battery when I undid the shed and put it back together)

On balance, my overall experience (I ordered then cancelled and got refunded) with Banggood, is such that I would definitely order from them again.

Still confused by the variation in price for what on the face of it is the same thing on Banggood and as @PeterWfound a 1/3 the price on Wish. 

The youngest daughter as an aside ordered a dress via AliExpress and that turned up/is fine.

4 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Mickey Mouse tools can also knacker genuine batteries so just buy genuine or cut things by hand ;) 

I had my big recip off eBay, nearly new, for £60. Still going strong after 3+ ( maybe more ) years of rigorous abuse. 

I know but I'm a sucker for cr@p and a perceived bargain. 

Down to 3 clone batteries now and tbh they seem pretty indestructible.

I've gone back and ordered one of these recip saws from Banggood. A couple of quid cheaper than the one I cancelled.

The Wish link was a bit misleading I think. On the face of it £7.95 or whatever. Now gone up to £14 odd. With these sites the low price to grab your attention can be just for the blades. Or in the case of Wish the cheap price is for the 1000rpm model. Go for 3000rpm and it's nearer £30.

I've ordered from Banggood (3000rpm) at £26.

10 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just ordered a fake Makita 18V grinder for £23. It's orange.........

Please update when you get to use it... I've a 125mm one sitting in my wish basket. I'm tempted to take the punt as wel as majority of these tools will never be used again after my build is finished.

56 minutes ago, Conor said:

Please update when you get to use it... I've a 125mm one sitting in my wish basket. I'm tempted to take the punt as wel as majority of these tools will never be used again after my build is finished.

Will do. This is worth a watch:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, JFDIY said:

Have you given this much use yet...... what's the verdict?

Tbh I've only cut some Goldscrews down with it so far. Still handy for that. The recip saw has seen the most use.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...