Streeeeeeesssssssssssss ?

Taff

Hokay, here we go raaggghhhhh! 

So ASHP all planned out, necessary forms all sent off, underfloor heating components in and now it’s time to order the pump! Was delayed with ordering as contractor found it far too difficult to put his name on a piece of paper to send off to Powergrid etc. After 3 forms sent to him with labels, x marks the spot, big bold lettering stating 

print name here

date here

sign here 

etc etc, he finally understood what he needed to do. So I’ve ordered the pump 4 months later and guess what Mitsubishi have said from today! 

They are taking no more orders for pumps due to backlog and demand! 

HELP ME MOTHER OF GOD! ??

supplier is is now recommending LG, anyone with any experience/feedback etc. I’ve been on their website and they all look and work completely different. 

I have an LG ASHP there is a long thread about it and some issues I had.  But 2 things to bear in mind.  Mine was an old model unit so not necessarily representative of current units.  And despite the issues I had, it is performing well.

Who is the supplier?

On 03/11/2020 at 17:14, Taff said:

They are taking no more orders for pumps due to backlog and demand! 

I heard that they've discovered issues with their new R32 ecodan models so had to stop ship and recall some while it's put right. I've not heard a peep from my supplier/installer about this, so in theory believe we're still on track to install a 8.5kW ecodan first week of December.

In reality the tiling may not be ready for plumbing by then, plus any delay gives a bit more chance for the mythical Green Home Grant voucher to be issued so I can manage the stress. We have a couple electric heaters we can use in the meantime.

I'm fairly locked into getting the ecodan now as I've designed the 2 zone heating (UFH+Fan coil) around having the FTC-5 controller. 

Edited by joth

On 13/11/2020 at 12:28, joth said:

I heard that they've discovered issues with their new R32 ecodan models so had to stop ship and recall some while it's put right. I've not heard a peep from my supplier/installer about this, so in theory believe we're still on track to install a 8.5kW ecodan first week of December.

In reality the tiling may not be ready for plumbing by then, plus any delay gives a bit more chance for the mythical Green Home Grant voucher to be issued so I can manage the stress. We have a couple electric heaters we can use in the meantime.

I'm fairly locked into getting the ecodan now as I've designed the 2 zone heating (UFH+Fan coil) around having the FTC-5 controller. 

Meaning the Mitsubishi model?

Well items have now started to arrive, one item is a 50ltr hanging volano thermico pdc, I couldn’t see this on the list so wondering if this is just an expansion tank, well I hope so. Any ideas

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/11/2020 at 12:28, joth said:

image.thumb.png.fc6d8d0c380bcda05acb1eb84874003a.png

Well don't ask me how, but we received  it today!  earlier than expected, before paying for it, before the GHG voucher is approved, and before the site is ready to install it, but whatever,  WE HAVE IT!

Big day as well as ASHP  the staircase, Quooker, water softener and Loxone panel all arrived on site today too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, joth said:

image.thumb.png.fc6d8d0c380bcda05acb1eb84874003a.png

Well don't ask me how, but we received  it today!  earlier than expected, before paying for it, before the GHG voucher is approved, and before the site is ready to install it, but whatever,  WE HAVE IT!

Big day as well as ASHP  the staircase, Quooker, water softener and Loxone panel all arrived on site today too.

Wanna sell it and pretend it didn’t turn up. 

• Haha 1