Showerwall panels - end trims pics please

We are about to push the button on getting shower panels ordered but I'm worried about the trims. The end ones (in satin silver or white) and also the corner trims.

I know some panels such as Nuance don't have these rather just rounded edges but in typical fashion we can't find any we like.

Can anyone send me pics of the trims on their shower panels so I can see them please?

36 minutes ago, Hobbiniho said:

This is my wetwall panel, it is from howdens i used "H" joints to join the panels onto plasterboard so there is not a step

IMG_20190516_144646.jpg

IMG_20190708_220351.jpg

IMG_20190708_220400.jpg

Thank you. I see you have the strips joining the panels we will need to join the panels but I don't want strips so I think that's why showerwall have quoted the tongue and groove ones?

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Multipanel also do a version with tongue and groove joints but I suspect you still need a corner joint piece.

Not wanting to hijack this thread but I have multipanel to fit and wondered what you used to cut it? I have to fit some in an old cottage and the ceiling needs scribing to ensure it looks neat, it is 15mm out over 1 metre and a bit wavy!! TIA

13 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I cut mine with a sharp panel saw, but I only needed to cut straight lines.

I forgot to say not only is it a sloping, wavy line it needs an angle at the back as it is going against a sloping ceiling

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I forgot to say not only is it a sloping, wavy line it needs an angle at the back as it is going against a sloping ceiling

jigsaw with downward cutting blade set at the angle? alternatively, a hacksaw blade in a handle. personally i'd just use a panel saw if not too tight a curve

10 minutes ago, Simplysimon said:

jigsaw with downward cutting blade set at the angle? alternatively, a hacksaw blade in a handle. personally i'd just use a panel saw if not too tight a curve

Never seen a downward cutting blade?

It was the upward cut and risk of splitting the finished surface that stopped me using the jigsaw or circular saw and used a good old fashioned downward cutting panel saw.

3 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I have used them a lot, just need to make sure the jigsaw is held down hard https://www.screwfix.com/p/t101brf-laminate-jigsaw-blades-3-pack

Thanks.

They don't "sell" them very well.  Had I not looked closely at the picture or read the reviews I would never have known their USP was they are downward cutting.

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Never seen a downward cutting blade?

It was the upward cut and risk of splitting the finished surface that stopped me using the jigsaw or circular saw and used a good old fashioned downward cutting panel saw.

They're a bit lairy. I cut out for my sink with one. They want to jump up at you. 

Thereafter I routed the hole out for the induction hob. Perfect. 

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

They want to jump up at you.

Hence the reason I said....

11 minutes ago, joe90 said:

make sure the jigsaw is held down hard

or.....cut from the back with a normal blade.

Edited by joe90
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That would probably work okay on a thin shower panel, but I have had very disappointing results trying that on a kitchen worktop.

Ha, yes, almost impossible to get a vertical cut, I always cut it rough and routed out to size.

2 hours ago, Simplysimon said:

if i were doing the corner i wouldn't use a trim, if using t&g, plane the tongue off and seal with ct1. would look a lot neater.

Most of the panel systems require you to use their corners for waterproof joins and the type Y from Multipanel is really neat. Allows you to align the boards when one has been firmly fitted. 

https://www.multipanel.co.uk/products/multipanel-profiles/type-y-last-corner/