Help with hanging things please.

For small pictures I'd use a plug and screw; for bigger pictures, two plugs and screws, spaced appropriately.  For heavier stuff, try and position it where you can screw into a batten and just use wood screws.  

Once the PB is up,  I use surface fixings (or two surface fixings) for decorative things such as pictures, towels etc. Also all my individual coatbooks are these, except racks of hooks on the reverse of doors. There are limitations, and I use would use screw fixings for large framed pictures etc.

https://www.command.com/3M/en_US/command/ (also from Wilko)

For stuff such as cupboards and structural or multiple coathooks I would use a screw fixing.

I guess the guideline for me would be to try the surface ones first unless I know it is heavy or breakable or the surface is not suitable, bearing in mind the weight limit and whether it might get heavily loaded.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

If you are going to hang heavy things like shelves, then you want those fixed into solid wood.

Think ahead and before you fit the plasterboard, work out where shelving goes and make sure you install plenty of noggins / dwangs to screw through the plasterboard and into.