Pig heavy shower tray

14 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

It looks like you messed with the safety catch on the hook and it bit you on the arse.

Why are you having a heavy shower tray suspended over the area where you are trying to work?  You're lucky not to be wearing it!

When it’s above me I prop a length of timber across it . Winch is taking no weight - it’s relatively safe perched on timber . As I said I like to test and try a few times to get everything in the right place . No good getting it wrong and trying to lift it out on my own from a corner .

Problem was the crappy clasp on the hook pulled out . Need a lockable clasp on a hook that can go on a cabled winch .

I’m never under the tray when it’s moving up or down - I’m not that stupid ! ?

This is a safe method !! 

Nothing too see here !

Walk on by !

Tray up ( very carefully watching the hook ) timber propped underneath . There it will stay until a nicer ? hook solution is found .

No drama . Oh look ! A forest ? ! See it !?

17904E3C-C88F-4590-B63B-1AC89F839949.jpeg

D0381967-BB7F-461F-B916-DD76C4CA2E51.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

It looks like you messed with the safety catch on the hook and it bit you on the arse.

Why are you having a heavy shower tray suspended over the area where you are trying to work?  You're lucky not to be wearing it!

I didn’t mess with the clasp - bet you did though ! 

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Not happy now !

Tray seems ok . But how do I make sure these don’t slide off the hook !? 

74025337-0D89-41ED-85A8-949630D5A71B.jpeg

This is how it was when you lifted and it slipped. Right hand D shackle the wrong way round. I suspect that as you lifted, the pin of the right hand D pushed the left hand D upward. How you have the Ds now is better. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Onoff said:

This is how it was when you lifted and it slipped. Right hand D shackle the wrong way round. I suspect that as you lifted, the pin of the right hand D pushed the left hand D upward. How you have the Ds now is better. 

Don’t like the clasp as it’s pulled out and is just weak . Will order new hook as you suggest !

Failure is not an option ! ??

On 24/09/2020 at 14:19, joe90 said:

I would make one out of hardboard and baton, (size and thickness) easily liftable without risking damaging your tray (or your Nads).and accurate, not like ol @ToughButterCup ?????(sorry mate).

Has a balloon to protect his Nads ... tray would bounce off and damage the ceiling.

(The last time I put out a hostage to fortune like that was when I made a Big Bad Wolf joke about @ToughButterCup's piggery. A bit later the wind blew his house down.)

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

Just to help anyone else that has a real heavy tray and no friends .

Scaff on the left to support steel bar . Noggins added into timber frame on the right to sit other end of steel bar on . Winch on steel bar . Hole made in marine ply wall so a timber could sit across from here to Scaff . This so when tray is high enough it can sit on timber . Dont really want the winch failing and tray landing on me . A messy , lots of work solution ? . Yes . 

8881D690-55BD-488E-89B0-AF29AF9F0023.jpeg

98737E61-CE15-418C-A298-93DD19600A8A.jpeg

66C01D0B-CE2E-4F5B-857A-5E4F31C9ED75.jpeg

10 minutes ago, pocster said:

Just to help anyone else that has ... no friends .

Shower more ..? Or is this the purpose of installing the new tray ..??  ?

In more seriousness, you should limit what you try and move on your own as a lot of accidents happen when people over exert themselves and it can be long term debilitating or potentially fatal if you are trapped under something heavy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Shower more ..? Or is this the purpose of installing the new tray ..??  ?

In more seriousness, you should limit what you try and move on your own as a lot of accidents happen when people over exert themselves and it can be long term debilitating or potentially fatal if you are trapped under something heavy. 

I do .

Trust me I’m more careful than you think . Just to get the uvc hydro box in with the other guys I could see it was risky . Quickly sorted a crane for £600 !!