UFH stopped working

H F

Sorry, I'm going to be the party pooper and leave this here - 

========================STANDARD WARNING========================

image.png.1f2cce6366b9210e329950cd8582bdf8.png

Please, please, please respect electricity. You don't get many/any second chances.

========================STANDARD WARNING========================

Now back to the show...

Edited by MrMagic
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 05/02/2020 at 14:46, Home Farm said:

The new motor is in and guest what? We have underfloor heating again. Yay. Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.

I was really pleased to read the article on your website, showing how "you" had diagnosed the fault and repaired this valve.  It was very heartening to read this, and to watch your video on the repair, especially as you made a really special effort to give credit to all those in this thread that actually did 99% of the diagnosis for you, and gave you detailed instructions on how to repair this.

Yes, I am being very sarcastic.  I don't suggest anyone bothers to read the article or watch the video, as there was no mention at all in either of the very detailed help received from the members of this forum.  The closest was "I've gone online and tried to investigate and find the solution".  I just loved the "as part of our investigative journey, we think that the problem is with this motorised valve".  You knew diddly squat about it; pretty much all the "investigative journey" was other members of this forum taking the time to help you determine the cause, buy the right part to make the repair and even give detailed instructions on how to use a multimeter.  The closest to any credit for the very detailed help received from members here was "I am not a trained professional, have simply followed instructions online and suggestions from forums".    This was followed up with "there was a bit of diagnostic work we had to undertake", when in reality it was members of this forum doing most of that diagnostic work.

Finally, the video shows work on live terminals/dangling live wires, much of which is just stupidly dangerous, and something even a trained electrician would avoid if at all possible.  When making off any potentially live termination ALWAYS isolate the power and do a dead test first.  Never, ever, allow live wires to just dangle as shown in the video, and only work on live wires when there is absolutely no alternative, and then wear appropriate PPE to reduce the risk of electric shock.  Also, never allow part of a live conductor to be exposed in any termination, the insulation MUST always extend far enough into it so as to reduce/remove the risk of accidental contact.  The comment about the terminations "dropping off" indicates that they were not properly crimped in place, too.