Current approximate prices for plastering?

gwebstech

Is it board or board and skim or just skim ..?

Skim and tape I was quoted £1.80-2.70/m but eventually went on day rate with someone I got through a contact as he did all the browning on the curved ceilings etc. Really impressed with him and may be local to you. 

thanks guys, its the full lot, board and skim

house isnt even built yet, im just trying to budget for things

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

Skim and tape I was quoted £1.80-2.70/m but eventually went on day rate with someone I got through a contact as he did all the browning on the curved ceilings etc. Really impressed with him and may be local to you. 

how much was his day rate mate? thanks

6 hours ago, PeterW said:

180 m2

was he from the 1980s

We used two very good local guys.  They took fifteen days in total to board and skim a total wall and ceiling area of 460m².  Their price (labour only, as they weren't VAT registered) was £5,100.  Some of the work was a bit more difficult than normal, as the hall ceiling is vaulted and around 6.5m high, and the bedroom ceilings are also vaulted, but only about 4m high.  This added maybe 10% on to the costs, at a guess.

In terms of price per m², then that works out at about £11/m², at 2014 prices.  I recently chatted with the chap that did our plastering and he's inundated with work, is now VAT registered and so is charging a bit more.  We are in an area where things tend to cost a bit more, anyway.  It's getting hard to find anyone who will work for less than about £200/day, and good people are a fair bit more than that now.

36 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

We used two very good local guys.  They took fifteen days in total to board and skim a total wall and ceiling area of 460m².  Their price (labour only, as they weren't VAT registered) was £5,100.  Some of the work was a bit more difficult than normal, as the hall ceiling is vaulted and around 6.5m high, and the bedroom ceilings are also vaulted, but only about 4m high.  This added maybe 10% on to the costs, at a guess.

In terms of price per m², then that works out at about £11/m², at 2014 prices.  I recently chatted with the chap that did our plastering and he's inundated with work, is now VAT registered and so is charging a bit more.  We are in an area where things tend to cost a bit more, anyway.  It's getting hard to find anyone who will work for less than about £200/day, and good people are a fair bit more than that now.

Sounds about right 

Prices for all trades have rocketed 

I do work occasionally for a small family firm 

about 30 guys

They are having problems retaining staff 

They Pay there joiners £25 per hour and supply them with a nice van and fuel and at least one apprentice 

The apprentices outnumber there joiners 3-1 

51 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

It's getting hard to find anyone who will work for less than about £200/day, and good people are a fair bit more than that now.

That's my starting point for trades of any sort around here. Get any sort of company (as opposed to an individual) involved and it's usually a lot more. 

4 minutes ago, nod said:

Sounds about right . Prices for all trades have rocketed 

[...]

49 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

[...]

It's getting hard to find anyone who will work for less than about £200/day, and good people are a fair bit more than that now.

1 minute ago, jack said:

That's my starting point for trades of any sort around here. Get any sort of company (as opposed to an individual) involved and it's usually a lot more. 

And all because of one phrase in one sentence in  Planning Law (para 11 here

' ... the presumption in favour of sustainable development ...'

• 3 years later...