Bathroom starts !

1 hour ago, pocster said:

now flirt between the ensuite and the bathroom

Genuine question, not actually trying to take the mick this time.... Why don’t you just finish one before getting stuck into the other? 
In my experience it take longer over all if you have too many jobs at the same time... plus you feel like you never finish anything (can be quite demoralising).

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Genuine question, not actually trying to take the mick this time.... Why don’t you just finish one before getting stuck into the other? 
In my experience it take longer over all if you have too many jobs at the same time... plus you feel like you never finish anything (can be quite demoralising).

You made me laugh

Because (for example) I might grout a wall in the ensuite then as I don't want to get dust on it or mess it up start on something else.

TBH it was always my plan to skirt between bathroom and ensuite.

Do a bit here , do a bit there.

Demoralising? After 7 years I LOVE IT! ( for the most part )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Don't be silly, those indents act as a key for the render. 

Eating render does not give you cholesterol problems; different ishoo.

And you are saying he put them on wrong side out , since the sticky stuff goes between the wall and the tiles.

Will you tell him? 

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Why don’t you just finish one before getting stuck into the other? 

If I had the chance,  that's what I would do. 

But reality sets in.... a bit of help arrives uninvited and unplanned  ... rude to say " Come back next weekend " innit?

So I drop everything and get on with xyz. Arrangements to meet next weekend made, .... you guessed it  ... fall  through. 

Followed by  "Can you bring your digger round and ... "

Then, mid  lockdown a chippy arrives .... "That cladding needs two of us because...." (I was hand digging the foul drains)

Flexibility I call it.

Edited by ToughButterCup
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

If I had the chance,  that's what I would do. 

But reality sets in.... a bit of help arrives uninvited and unplanned  ... rude to say " Come back next weekend " innit?

So I drop everything and get on with xyz. Arrangements to meet next weekend made, .... you guessed it  ... fall  through. 

Followed by  "Can you bring your digger round and ... "

Then, mid  lockdown a chippy arrives .... "That cladding needs two of us because...." (I was hand digging the foul drains)

Flexibility I call it.

Equally I may eventually realise I haven’t got the right part or I haven’t got a clue what I’m doing . So I stop . Find something else that I haven’t got the right part for and I’m clueless about .An infinite loop of micro progression!!! . A perfect formula !

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, pocster said:

Demoralising? After 7 years I LOVE IT! ( for the most part )

Demoralizing, when you realise you've started more projects than you've got years left to be able to finish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

Demoralizing, when you realise you've started more projects than you've got years left to be able to finish.

If I die tomorrow you suckers can finish it for my SWMBO . Good luck with that ! ( finishing it I mean not SWMBO ) 

Away with all the waffle and the wibble and the circumlocutions and the justifications and the smokescreens and the babble and the blether..

They are all just men who want to learn to multitask, and haven't quite made it yet.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, pocster said:

If I die tomorrow you suckers can finish it for my SWMBO . Good luck with that ! ( finishing it I mean not SWMBO ) 

At least nobody can ever accuse us of finishing early...

?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gav_P said:

Another completely random example might be say you were lifting a heavy shower tray with a winch and the straps came off the hook . You’d probably be inclined to “ go and do something else “ at that point in time .... ???

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Another completely random example might be say you were lifting a heavy shower tray with a winch and the straps came off the hook . You’d probably be inclined to “ go and do something else “ at that point in time .... ???

Uh oh ? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Maybe if you concentrated on one thing at a time, things wouldn’t go so wrong. 

?

With the greatest of respect maybe if you fought planning for 5 years to get planning  to build an underground non standard house with zero knowledge in this field you would understand. What have you built / done ?

7 minutes ago, pocster said:

With the greatest of respect maybe if you fought planning for 5 years to get planning  to build an underground non standard house with zero knowledge in this field you would understand. What have you built / done ?

Right all you lot. Leave my buddy Pocster alone. When he glued his soil pipe bits up, It looked stunning. That, and the fact that he had the massive balls to post a pic of his first effort....

• Thanks 1