Bathroom starts !

8 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

Right all you lot. Leave my buddy Pocster alone. When he glued his soil pipe bits up, It looked stunning. That, and the fact that he had the massive balls to post a pic of his first effort....

Yeah respect @Big Jimbo ; you (expletive deleted) want to take a swipe big Jimbo who is 5ft nothing and a skinny puny shit will not sort you out ! . 

• Like 1

Just now, Gav_P said:

Quite possibly, but I have a finished bathroom and en-suite to clean myself up in ?

Well I started my bathroom thread on one forum and (haven't yet) finished it on another.

Kudos to those who can plan and budget. I'm easily distr

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

Dynamic creative organisation??

Nope, but this sounds more interesting. 

Development Consent Orders... for NSIPs

But more importantly what happened to the sparkly fandango show tray? Is it FUBAR?

Edited by Gav_P

9 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Nope, but this sounds more interesting. 

Development Consent Orders... for NSIPs

But more importantly what happened to the sparkly fandango show tray? Is it FUBAR?

Still none the wiser .

So what have you done to warrant being on a self build forum ? . Feels like you are avoiding the question 

5 minutes ago, pocster said:

Still none the wiser .

So what have you done to warrant being on a self build forum ? . Feels like you are avoiding the question 

Haven’t done a self build yet... I have only done renovations, 4 so far, the last one I doubled the size of the house (from small to not quite so small).... I have just about recovered mentally from all the shit you go through doing a house, so I am now looking for somewhere to do a demo and build. 

I am most certainly not going to be doing anything as difficult or mental as an underground lair tho! 

The only reason I even found this forum was because I had a problem with my ASHP.... luckily  there was lots of helpful advise and prodave fixed the part I’d buggered up. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

Haven’t done a self build yet... I have only done renovations, 4 so far, the last one I doubled the size of the house (from small to not quite so small).... I have just about recovered mentally from all the shit you go through doing a house, so I am now looking for somewhere to do a demo and build. 

I am most certainly not going to be doing anything as difficult or mental as an underground lair tho! 

The only reason I even found this forum was because I had a problem with my ASHP.... luckily  there was lots of helpful advise and prodave fixed the part I’d buggered up. 

Then do a self build and enjoy the exquisite pain and euphoria!!! ? 

• Haha 1

Meanwhile ( I.e leave the heavy tray alone for a bit ) . Reluctantly cut away the pre formed recess . Cut back the tile bead . Now it should all fit with a thin layer of tile adhesive and a slight fall on the tile .

Will ‘blue out ‘ the cut former just for my peace of mind.  

D61AEAE2-2281-4269-9486-5F91EC4A0A3A.jpeg

A3B75BB6-2397-4F96-8A86-EA5FAF855A53.jpeg

E2B589ED-57F2-4BBB-9865-33DBA1FBC56A.jpeg

Just now, pocster said:

Meanwhile ( I.e leave the heavy tray alone for a bit ) . Reluctantly cut away the pre formed recess . Cut back the tile bead . Now it should all fit with a thin layer of tile adhesive and a slight fall on the tile .

Will ‘blue out ‘ the cut former just for my peace of mind.  

D61AEAE2-2281-4269-9486-5F91EC4A0A3A.jpeg

A3B75BB6-2397-4F96-8A86-EA5FAF855A53.jpeg

E2B589ED-57F2-4BBB-9865-33DBA1FBC56A.jpeg

?????

First photo looks liked I’ve made a noose if it all gets too much !!

• Haha 1

Don't have too much fall on those bottom tiles. I have 3 recesses, 2 deeper ones on one wall and a shallower one driven by the need to get at least some pir in the wall behind it. I think where the shallow pocket is there's only 25mm pir behind. I made a jig so in theory all pocket bottom tiles ended up at the same angle but with the shallow one stuff can slip off potentially. Maybe I got the angle wrong? I'll find some pics.

• Like 1

A bit here.

Flickr down at the mo so can't access the pics I wanted. Basically I sat the bottom tile on a plastic packer at the back to just tilt it forward a little. The adhesive only squashes down so far.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joe90 said:

I,m still waiting for him to finish his bathroom so I can help with the hoist/lift, don’t think I will live long enough ??

Careful what you wish for. I heard his tackle has a tendency to slip out unexpectedly from where it's meant to be.

(He then posts pictures of the mess he's made). 

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1