-
Posts
21173 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
206
Everything posted by Onoff
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Trying and struggling to get some cheap s/hand railway sleepers at the mo to ring fence the veg patch. Keep missing out on Gumtree. I've even ventured onto FB Marketplace. -
Tray failure. Water has gotten behind the tiles etc. The chap who's this is reckons he can get away with removing just the bottom tiles 😂 Told him he's on a loser, that it needs coming off and redoing, tanking etc. Then the new tiles brought down onto a generous CT1 bed etc. Whatever, he's after a tile matching service. Any ideas?
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Can I plant in bagged compost or do I need "soil"? -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
You'd prefer a more traditional, thick round shaped door opener? -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Right then 50 little cardboard pots from the Poundshop sat in the seed tray. How do I plant the beans? Half fill with compost,push the bean in then cover? -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Because you'd recognise his back door? -
Best he starts now! 😂
-
The dust produced is incredible and just as likely to pi$$ neighbours off when it covers their cars/exacerbates little Johnny's asthma etc. A water fed saw is great but you still have the coloured run off / resultant spoil to deal with. Luckily I have no near neighbours 😉
-
The ones with the round holes in are not actually engineering bricks. Just the bottom 4 courses are, the ones with the slotted holes: The round hole ones were basically these though a slightly different design with no small holes in like now: https://www.selcobw.com/65mm-tuscan-red-brick The Evo saw / diamond blade cut them like a knife through butter. I do have to cut some slips shortly, so lengthways which will be fun. This to dress around the control boxes. Clamps will very much be the order of the day!
-
It just keeps getting better! 👍
-
You want to curry favour with that one...
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
BDSM? -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
It's about a gay nightclub owner. How can I even compete? Don't you lot grow palm trees overnight down there? Hopefully planting in pots tomorrow. Pics to follow. -
Hmmm...John Brown / Bob Dylan or two fit Pakistani American sisters? Well call me a dirty old man.....
-
There's a robin nesting in the lhs pillar as aforementioned. Never liked acid house. Quite into Krewella at the moment.
-
Halved my bricks using an Evolution Rage 3 chop saw with and Evolution 255mm diamond blade:
-
For the stubborn bits of mortar I might go with neat acid. Just gave another 1:1 dilute wash and rinse off. The fines in the mortar are coming through. I'll let it dry out over the Summer then give a coat of waterproofer. You can see how the washed face is "brighter" on the brick faces. @Marvin reckons it's a gate that says "f*** off!" 😂 Aim achieved then!
-
It's been a while since Mr Onoff has had afternoon crumpet...
-
I allowed the widely accepted, mm per year, screed drying time before I tiled. This just to be on the safe side.
-
Blame Peter!
-
-
He'll likely be repeating himself in another 5 years!
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Brilliant film. -
I used the egg crate type but the red Polypipe panels. They grip the 16mm pipe like sh!t to a blanket and didn't particularly lift at all. I did then lay A142 mesh over the whole lot which had a weighting effect of course. 100mm wet concrete over the top. No problems with de-coiling either, even with my homemade rig. Video: The jury's out on whether I'd use these panels again. There is a saving in concrete and it's super quick to lay the pipes. The resultant slab, though I'm sure strong enough, doesn't "ring" like a solid slab. I don't know, maybe having all those hollows in it is a good thing?
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Agador Spartacus?
