-
Posts
21173 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
206
Everything posted by Onoff
-
Check this out, auto darkening helmet that has side windows for better perephral vision: The central window is the one that auto darkens. The side ones stay that shade.
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Sleepers finally in to coral the slugs 😂 All the soil from the trench will be sieved and levelled off within the sleeper area. All the 25mm box cut to length for the frame. Net and 3D printed connectors all ready. Might get round to the gate tomorrow and try the new welding helmet! -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
If I buy/make some beer traps, then presumably there'll be a dish full of dead / drunk slugs in the morning. These beer soaked slugs.....leave them in a dish for the birds, badger? Visions of blackbirds careering into windows or lairy badgers going on the rampage! -
It must be me! So you have this, what am I looking at? They're the boards the roof is made from and there's felt straight on top? We're looking up inside the cowl? You'd like a cylindrical bit of Rockwool 3' long and 3" in diameter you'll wrap around the silver pipe, between that and the wood? What diameter is the silver pipe and what slope is the roof angle?
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Thought you were an expert on nasties under the rim? 😂 -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Well...the runner and dwarf beans SWMBO planted in pots have been fairly decimated by the b'stards! Found two snails under the rim of one pot then a big fat slug on the ground. Doesn't bode well for when the 50 go in the ground -
Well without proper measurements that ain't happening then.
-
It's really good. Better than the Soudal Low Expansion I was using. Goes off to like a tough, flexible rubber skin rather than a 'crunchy' mass. I struggled to cut it like "normal" foam.
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Those and the pyramid orchids....Shhhh! 🤐 -
Where do you think I get most of my stuff? 😂
-
How deep does the insulation layer need to be?
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Just wondering out loud here... Could I "encourage" a couple of slow worms into my enclosure for slug control? -
Lidl had carbon monoxide alarms the other day.
-
I might have some "proper", green, Rockwool slab offcuts that would be suitable if you'd be happier with that. If so I'll post them. I know where you live! 😂
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Thanks. Yep, netting the beans. Debating brassicas. -
Can't remember. I was probably thinking more of this sort of thing with a solar panel you mount externally. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zchui-Waterproof-Double-lamp-Wall-Mounted-Greenhouse/dp/B0885Y19BX/ref=pd_aw_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B0885Y19BX&psc=1
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
I'll be making a gate in the enclosure. Itll be 8' high. 7mm netting appears to be the maximum mesh size if growing brassicas. Deters the cabbage white from laying eggs and also keeps birds out. Not sure how pollinators get in.....do brassicas get pollinated? -
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
Any thouughts on "netting" to be cable tied to my 25mm box section frame. This'll go top and sides. Mainly to protect from rabbits then deer. I was looking at this plastic netting. Won't stop a badger I know. Rats would no doubt chew it. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Feizeisun-Garden-Netting-Protecting-Vegetables/dp/B097PYWP5H/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1ST1SKQWEEGW7&keywords=garden+netting&qid=1653895576&sprefix=garden+netting%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-7 -
You could 3D print grommets to go round the pipe. Either flexible or in two halves. Complete overkill of course. ...or you could foam it. I know which one I'd choose 😂
-
I used to subscribe to Popular Science and get it sent every month. Then some thing happened and they stopped the subscription service for overseas (9/11?).
-
Pretty sure if it didn't work it wouldn't be a thing! https://soundproofexpert.com/acoustic-sealant/
-
How does your garden grow?
Onoff replied to recoveringbuilder's topic in Landscaping, Decking & Patios
-
-
Mine did have hair that reached down to the backs of her knees. It a fit of teenage rebellion she cut it off one night, cue tears from SWMBO! 😂 Secretly well please as it's reduced the frequency I have to unclog and clean the Geberit wall drain. Both of mine are shortsighted but you would have thought they'd have at least felt the water lapping at their ankles!
