The Workshop / Bat Roost

Barney12

On 11/07/2016 at 13:15, Onoff said:

Just goes to prove that "Every man needs a DIGGER!" as opposed to a shed. You can dig out for a shed with a digger but not the other way round! xD

SO, bubba.

Where will you keep the digger in the absence of a shed?

:ph34r:

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

SO, bubba.

Where will you keep the digger in the absence of a shed?

:ph34r:

Temporarily I would drape a big tarp (possibly camo pattern) over the digger and raise the bucket.....tent like.....xD

• 2 weeks later...

Solar panel array finally commissioned yesterday afternoon.

I flew out to the US this morning and I'm currently sat in a bar drinking weak beer but I can see on my iPhone it's been sunny back home. Look at that lovely electricity :)

Isnt technology getting amazing ! 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I haven't got round to updating this thread for a while!

This weekend I finally made the hinged covers for the cloche storage at the side.

5m long by 0.7m wide and already full of various garden related crap!

Storage is like lanes on the motorway!! :D 

You'll note that the cladding is now painted dark brown as required by the National Park. I'm not sure I like it but my choices were limited....to dark brown or black! O.o

20161010_074330891_iOS.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, I've managed to sneak a couple of days off. Inside painted and finished. It's wall to wall MDF, Laurence Lewellyn Whatsit would be proud :). I was far too tight to buy anything pre-made so everything (wall cladding, door linings, architrave etc) is all just cut and routed from sheets. 

IMG_3802.JPG

Todays job is to lay the rubber flooring. It was some cheap stuff from evilbay. I have a feeling its not going to be fun to lay :/ 

Then just the skirting to cut and fix. Then move onto to the sink unit, storage and other bits. 

IMG_3806.JPG

Yes, and before someone says it. Its all overkill for a workshop but I'm keeping myself amused until we get planning sorted :D 

TTFN

Edited by Barney12
  • Like 1

Knock yourself out, I built my workshop before our build as I knew it would never get done afterwards, also both you and I will have a decent workshop to work from during our builds ( as long as it does not get filled with materials which is why I kept the container on site) .

1 hour ago, Barney12 said:

So, I've managed to sneak a couple of days off. Inside painted and finished. It's wall to wall MDF, Laurence Lewellyn Whatsit would be proud :). I was far too tight to buy anything pre-made so everything (wall cladding, door linings, architrave etc) is all just cut and routed from sheets. 

IMG_3802.JPG

Todays job is to lay the rubber flooring. It was some cheap stuff from evilbay. I have a feeling its not going to be fun to lay :/ 

Then just the skirting to cut and fix. Then move onto to the sink unit, storage and other bits. 

IMG_3806.JPG

Yes, and before someone says it. Its all overkill for a workshop but I'm keeping myself amused until we get planning sorted :D 

TTFN

Rubber flooring looks good, and will make it easy to clean up whilst giving increased longevity to the subfloor. :). Do you have the link / how much per roll ( £ p/m2 ) please ?

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Rubber flooring looks good, and will make it easy to clean up whilst giving increased longevity to the subfloor. :). Do you have the link / how much per roll ( £ p/m2 ) please ?

Its gone up since I bought mine a few months ago. But still only £5sq mt. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULL-10m-ROLL-only-65-Diamond-pattern-checker-plate-rubber-matting-1200mmx3mm-/112190153214?hash=item1a1f0de1fe:g:BmYAAOSwpRRWoQIl

if I was buying again I'd go for the thicker 5/6mm stuff. 

Its a bit crap tbh. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

now you just need to get yourself a label maker. :) and put everything back when you have finished with it, (you might already be that kinda guy, unfortunately i am not )

i bought a smaller red one a while ago and tried mounting it in the back of the van, lets just say that was a bad idea because when they fall over they make a hell of a mess, now its in the workshop somewhere upside down in a mess, maybe ill tidy it all up someday, maybe ill tidy the rest of the workshop while I'm at it...........LOL who am i kidding xD 

• Like 2

I just got one that was on offer, I would recommend one with a digital display and optional font sizes but i assume most of them have this now a days.

I think this is the one, at least it looks the same and will do the job

http://www.dymo-express.co.uk/dymo-label-makers/S0883980.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAtefDBRDTnbDnvM735xISJABlvGOvmbLAEc0Dgpl9URuiik0zZF7p5-1OuNYhvXHtSJi55RoCq-3w_wcB

17 minutes ago, Steptoe said:

Halfords, pretty decent chests tbf, another surprisingly good piece of kit is Clas Olson, 

Yes the industrial cabs are very, very good quality. The trick is only to buy it when it's on special as it's discounted heavily.

I've built that little lot up steadily over the past 12m, total outlay £600. 

It will most likely outlive me! 

2 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

now you just need to get yourself a label maker. :) and put everything back when you have finished with it, (you might already be that kinda guy, unfortunately i am not )

i bought a smaller red one a while ago and tried mounting it in the back of the van, lets just say that was a bad idea because when they fall over they make a hell of a mess, now its in the workshop somewhere upside down in a mess, maybe ill tidy it all up someday, maybe ill tidy the rest of the workshop while I'm at it...........LOL who am i kidding xD 

im not quite that bad :D But every drawer has its purpose and I'm fairly good and putting stuff away, but not always! 

I've a clas ohlson bottom cab, would rate it easily as good as halfords Ind, have a halfords mid box, the normal pro one as it had more drawers than the Ind, and a 20yo Britool top box, which is a generic box like draper, etc, but much better than the cheapo Clarke , sealy, American pro rubbish, 

Had a Beta set up a few years back, that was the best of the best, makes snap on look like machine mart, lol. My mate has a good no name 900mm box, cost him under £600 couple of years back, I'll see if I have a pic of it somewhere.