Render advice.

zoothorn

51 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

Sliding gate: I had thought similarly only just now.. an idea, but not very cottager'y I thought, so will be boring old open-inwards's ones.

Yes but you can easily "decorate" a sliding gate with faux hinges etc to make it look like a pair of openers. It's what I'm going to do on mine.

SAM_8557

Edited by Onoff

That looks a formidable entrance to Onoff acres! nice wood that. too HD for me & my cottage. I go in-out on foot too alot, forest walks all around me, so a smaller section quickly opened/shut by hand needed I think, '40' the biggest I want: a '70/ 30' if I can do it ideal.

Thanks anyway. I'll do a 'zoot's driveway gate' thread, & put a line to end this here.. pg4 already!

4 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

That looks a formidable entrance to Onoff acres! nice wood that. too HD for me & my cottage. I go in-out on foot too alot, forest walks all around me, so a smaller section quickly opened/shut by hand needed I think, '40' the biggest I want: a '70/ 30' if I can do it ideal.

Thanks anyway. I'll do a 'zoot's driveway gate' thread, & put a line to end this here.. pg4 already!

It'll be programmed to only open say 3' as pedestrian access if required.

59 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

They need something big to keep him from getting out too often.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

Sliding gate would be more work getting the track installed etc. Best to stick to the double farm gate idea I reckon. 

12 hours ago, zoothorn said:

(I can't see the picture, still got my green Z. am I not allowed to view my own arse on here? what's the fkn world come to. I want to add a sign off ditty too.. but no idea how).

So you've loaded the photo as your cover photo rather than your profile photo hence you can only see the green Z. If you click on your green Z you will go to your profile and see the cover photo. I can see your arse (and your elbow ;)) in it. The definition isn't great (which is probably for the best ..... !!). That's you and @pocster now in the battle of nakedness!! Hope you pair don't go using any power tools whilst in the buff. That belongs on a health and safety thread though! 

You need a much smaller pic to use as your profile. Once on your own page click on the box that says profile photo to the left of the green circle. Then upload a photo. 

To add a signature click on your username top right, then select 'account settings'. The bottom one on the list on the left is 'signature'. Click on that, add some text in the box at the bottom and press save. Voila!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Onoff said:

Yes but you can easily "decorate" a sliding gate with faux hinges etc to make it look like a pair of openers. It's what I'm going to do on mine.

SAM_8557

I love that gate. If it could talk i think it would be saying, "You can break in here, but, if you are caught, and you will be caught, you will be taken to the underground lair, tortured, and you will never be seen again. Go on make my day."

55 minutes ago, newhome said:

I can see your arse (and your elbow ;)) in it. The definition isn't great (which is probably for the best ..... !!). That's you and @pocster now in the battle of nakedness!! Hope you pair don't go using any power tools whilst in the buff.

Do self-builders not have a right to display Builder’s Cleavage? I have not seen an exclusion in the site T&C.

It is even demurely hidden by the cropper-chopper until you explicitly go looking for it. *hard stare*

That last sentence is TMI, though.

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

That last sentence is TMI, though.

They’ve certainly got balls if they do naked electric sawing ... OTOH possibly no balls ?

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

I love that gate. If it could talk i think it would be saying, "You can break in here, but, if you are caught, and you will be caught, you will be taken to the underground lair, tortured, and you will never be seen again. Go on make my day."

Tbh the top curve will "eventually" be reduced by about 6" to have gothic-esque spikes on top of a curved rail. Brick pillars and gargoyles/dragons/the Alien Queen will decorate the pillars. If they get in then freshly dug graves await!  :) Gate decoration will take the form of fake hinges modeled on the ones in the church where we got married. There'll be a false centre piece too maybe something from WoW or some such fanstasy realm. 

28 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Tbh the top curve will "eventually" be reduced by about 6" to have gothic-esque spikes on top of a curved rail. Brick pillars and gargoyles/dragons/the Alien Queen will decorate the pillars. If they get in then freshly dug graves await!  :) Gate decoration will take the form of fake hinges modeled on the ones in the church where we got married. There'll be a false centre piece too maybe something from WoW or some such fanstasy realm. 

That gate would kill the Wicked Witch of the East.

2 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

Should have a skull and crossbones painted on the outside ?

49 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

That gate would kill the Wicked Witch of the East.

She still gets out occasionally! :ph34r:

Anyone wants a good range of gate hardware then I can recommend:

https://www.barrier-components.co.uk/

They even do shower screen hinges.

All my gate automation gear was from:

https://www.easygates.co.uk