Luxury HMO

Pocster

13 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Waste of time and money. You’ll only get a pint out of a pint pot me ol’ china mug. ?

Cold mains priority is only ever practised when you have a 22mm cold main ;)  With 15mm I only ever take the outside tap off directly after the stopcock. 

You think the builder will admit he’s wrong and listen too me ; a non plumber !! ?

Let him try ; maybe fail ; then a tank .

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

You think the builder will admit he’s wrong and listen too me ; a non plumber !! ?

Let him try ; maybe fail ; then a tank .

Is he using the same tw&t that installed the UVC..?? 

If so, it needs a picture drawn in crayon with no more than 3 colours.... 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, ProDave said:

There was a joke about "wears the soap" and the punchline was "yes it does a bit"

One of my favourites as a kid that. Out about the same time as the one with two nuns fighting over a bike and the Mother Superior threatens to put the saddle back on.....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Onoff said:

One of my favourites as a kid that. Out about the same time as the one with two nuns fighting over a bike and the Mother Superior threatens to put the saddle back on.....

All nuns are { very nice people } in my experience 

Edited by Nickfromwales

18 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I think the version we had was fighting over who got to ride over the cobblestones! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Right!

My builder tried using the the shower as the first device in the cold water main and (you won't be surprised) it didn't make enough difference.

So!; can I have a tank recommended for this. It's only feeding 1 electric shower so I *guess* should be able to supply 2 successive showers i.e. enough water for 2 people to shower independently.

I know he thinks it will fit in the loft area (I have a loft room) - also the access hatch to the eves is very small.

But anyway!; please links to a suitable tank. The builder has asked me to show him the product - then if it fails it's my fault ?

10 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Nah if you want an accumulator you are looking at 150-250 litres and £4-500... 

Other option is a 25 gallon coffin tank in the attic - which floor is the shower on ..?

Shower is 1st floor

Spoke to pump express they suggested a "power tank" - tank with a pump ; 1.3k!!!! plus I need to know my flow rate etc.!!

21 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Nah if you want an accumulator you are looking at 150-250 litres and £4-500... 

Other option is a 25 gallon coffin tank in the attic - which floor is the shower on ..?

How does this coffin tank help? . If it's only 25 litres it will drain fast then 'underflow' on electric shower again.....

Guy on phone suggested an electric shower consumes approx 10 litres a minute. So for 2 consecutive showers (being pessimistic of course) 200 litres.

Argh!; knew this issue would come back to bite me.

Might a *simpler* solution be to ditch the electric shower and just have it as a mixer running off the UVC same as the others? (UVC will struggle with 5 showers simultaneously - but I guess that's expected and acceptable ......)

Edited by pocster

27 minutes ago, pocster said:

How does this coffin tank help? . If it's only 25 litres it will drain fast then 'underflow' on electric shower again.....

Guy on phone suggested an electric shower consumes approx 10 litres a minute. So for 2 consecutive showers (being pessimistic of course) 200 litres.

25 gallon.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

25 gallon.... 

Lol ! That makes more sense !

i believe you can get collapsible tanks just so they can fit through tight spaces ?

This and a gravity fed electric shower best solution ???