I've just had my first bath for many years.....

.... Instead of a shower... and no wonder it's wet under there. 

At eye level with the sealant between the bath and the tiles for the first time - you guessed it. There's a gap. For water.

Which is why its why the low-level isolator switch  (in the next room)  is also wet, and why there was arcing on the  negative line IN, which caused the blue sleeving to melt ... and smell. And harden. 

So I trimmed the Line IN  back, made a new connection  (Yes @Onoff and @ProDave I bought one of those bleeping testers (Bosch of course)  so I am still alive: not like last time when I got near a live cable  I wondered what the BANG (but no smoke)  was) .

Re- connect: nothing. 

So I had a bath. Which is why before doing anything else I thought I'd ask you all

"What next?"

"What next?"

@recoveringacademic For some reason I spent 10 minutes this morning on Gwynneth Paltrow's Goop website, and that has iots of suggestions. (*)

Quite why someone would name their website after a word defined in the dictionary as "a stupid person" is baffling; perhaps she is an auto-Kalabarian?

The Goop website says that if you walk around barefoot it will cure your insomnia, and arthritis, and inflammation, and depression (yes, it does) so why not try that?

"Earthing therapy rests on the intuitive assumption that connecting to the energy of the planet is healthy for our souls and bodies. And while there’s a definite, if New-Age, appeal to the concept of energetically connecting with Mother Earth, there’s also a more scientific angle to the practice, which posits that access to the abundant supply of free electrons in the (subtly negatively charged) ground can help neutralize free radicals—if only we would take off our shoes and access them. Several people in our community (including GP) swear by earthing—also called grounding—for everything from inflammation and arthritis to insomnia and depression. "

If you want to involve the boss, why not try one of those walkaround on your back massage things?

Ferdinand

(*) Think it was a BBC interview where she was pretending that her fake  'unevidenced scientifically' claims about how XYZ has medical benefits were not actually health claims. Most of the claims still seem to be there preceded by things like "it is said that". Breakfast TV, so the interview was as soft as a half boiled egg.

Edited by Ferdinand

8 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

@recoveringacademic For some reason I spent 10 minutes this morning on Gwynneth Paltrow's Goop website, and that has iots of suggestions. (*)

Quite why someone would name their website after a word defined in the dictionary as "a stupid person" is baffling; perhaps she is an auto-Kalabarian?

The Goop website says that if you walk around barefoot it will cure your insomnia, and arthritis, and inflammation, and depression (yes, it does) so why not try that?

"Earthing therapy rests on the intuitive assumption that connecting to the energy of the planet is healthy for our souls and bodies. And while there’s a definite, if New-Age, appeal to the concept of energetically connecting with Mother Earth, there’s also a more scientific angle to the practice, which posits that access to the abundant supply of free electrons in the (subtly negatively charged) ground can help neutralize free radicals—if only we would take off our shoes and access them. Several people in our community (including GP) swear by earthing—also called grounding—for everything from inflammation and arthritis to insomnia and depression. "

If you want to involve the boss, why not try one of those walkaround on your back massage things?

Ferdinand

(*) Think it was a BBC interview where she was pretending that her fake  'unevidenced scientifically' claims about how XYZ has medical benefits were not actually health claims. Most of the claims still seem to be there preceded by things like "it is said that". Breakfast TV, so the interview was as soft as a half boiled egg.

Earthing therapy, love it! :) Reflexology worked for me so why not.

Just got to avoid the fox sh!t!

11 hours ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Build a stable for 700 donkeys

Already got one.

They are all harnessed in the engine space of my  Meat Head Wagon

20170207_141725.thumb.jpg.1d358b33bbeb80846dd8e898909117ea.jpg

As to Earthing Therapy: FGS lads, you are  talking to me - the AntiSpark. It doesn't take me long to earth myself to a lively wire.