4 in 1 Garden Multitool

Onoff

As title. Looking to buy one of those 4 (5?) in 1, strimmer, brushcutter, hedge trimmer & chainsaw. Thinking around the £250 mark budget wise as in a make I can get spares for. Ideally not 2-stroke. 

Any suggestions?

.... don’t ...

Motors are a compromise - nowhere near fast enough for the chainsaw and not really powerful enough for a decent brush cutter. 

What bit do you actually need ..?? 

I got the cheapo Screwfix one but it began to fall apart after three years.

When it worked it was fine and beefy enough for anything I put in front of it.

Going to invest in an Ego cordless next I think. I've had it with internal combustion engines.

I've had Ryobi for several years but recently two motors have died, both due to loss of compression. Looks like carbon deposits broke off and scored the bore on one, not sure about the other. Guess I should have decoked them sooner. If you find they are getting hard to start invest in a £10 compression tester from ebay, otherwise you can waste ages pulling on the rope.

Some makes can use third party accessories so check what's compatible with what before you buy.

Edited by Temp

Tbh I quite like manual scything the old fashioned way. With my shirt off and glistening with sweat SWMBO likened me to Poldark....

's HORSE! 

Edited by Onoff