We have a site toilet... At last.

Yes it's been a long time coming, but finally I can use the toilet in the static caravan. That's because today was the day I finally connected the last bit of drain piope to connect the house and caravan to the treatment plant.

More on the blog at www.willowburn.net look for the entry "last bit of drainage"

• Like 1

Someone -forgot who- suggested that I make a site loo cabin  out of the shakes that I'm making. So, that's what's happening.

Shakes, ...... site loo.... geddit?

It'll be good practice for me about the whole process; working out how many shakes per square meter and all that. And it'll be drafty. So that's all good then.

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Don't forget to whittle a loo roll holder ;)

Just provide a stick and a knife - it'll give the first occupant something to do..................

Alternatively, emulate the Romans and just have a bit of foam on the end of a split stick that rested in a bucket of vinegar, rather than use paper.

4 hours ago, JSHarris said:

Just provide a stick and a knife - it'll give the first occupant something to do..................

Alternatively, emulate the Romans and just have a bit of foam on the end of a split stick that rested in a bucket of vinegar, rather than use paper.

Jaysus, i thought them shower toilets were bad!

36 minutes ago, DeeJunFan said:

Jaysus, i thought them shower toilets were bad!

The Romans made a visit to the toilet a social occasion, they often had several seats in a row in the same toilet, so they could all sit and have a chat. 

The toilets themselves sometimes had a gulley with running water running along beneath the seat, a bit like a small stream, to flush everything away.  They really were remarkably civilised when you consider that we didn't invent the flush toilet until around 1800 or so years later.

Presumably they passed the vinegar-soaked sponge-on-a-stick along the line, a bit like passing the port after dinner............