Still plodding

slidersx200

Hi everyone,

joining the ranks again having taken a bit of time out. Our build hasn't covered a lot of ground since the ebuild forum went down, but the pace is picking up again and hopefully in time I'll get my blog moved over along with some more up to date content.

I hope all your projects, builds and planning battles are making positive progress and look forward to catching up with your stories soon.

Best regards

Michael

• Like 2

Guest Alphonsox

Hi Michael,

Very glad you could join us - Let us know if you want any help moving the Blog - looking forward to the updates.

Neil

Thanks everyone, I'll check out the blogging section properly over the weekend Peter.

Render is doing OK, I'll try to add a couple of photos I have on my phone?  

The garage doors were just fitted today and I've added a photo of the replacement French doors too.

20160701_132138.jpg

20160430_104456.jpg

20160516_134913.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you :-) The gullies weren't set when the guys were there to fit the downpipes and they wanted to make sure the lengths were right. I'm going to add another bracket about half way up each downpipe just to secure them against strong winds.

There's been a little bit of progress in the kitchen again since it became weather tight and the beams have been added to the ceiling. I've also added a photo showing the front from the other end.

20160623_195903.jpg

20160701_181926.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PeterStarck said:

Good looking property, The PVs look fully black, what make are they?

Hi Peter, they are the latest version of Sharp's 285W panels and were the best performing available at the time of purchase (according to my sums?). Cost for the 4kW system with Fronius inverter and wireless immersion device was £4850.

9 hours ago, Redoctober said:

Loving the stone work and the contrast against the render. Can you provide details of the stone work please as this is the look we are hoping to achieve. Thanks.

PW.

The stonework was done using reclaimed fieldstone from the derelict cottage we pulled down at the other end of the field. There are a variety of colours, textures and shapes as you can see, but other than the fact it is indigenous to our area, I'm not actually sure what type of rock it is. Perhaps some type of basalt?! Some local stone suppliers and reclamation yards will sell it at about £40/tonne AFAIK.

Hope that helps a little?

Another small update as the contractors prepare for their July break. The plasterers have finished all but one wall inside and the kitchen has been completed. We've gone for a slightly different finish in this room, in keeping with the concept that it would have been a converted outbuilding.

PV production remains fairly steady and we've almost reached 2000 exported units.

All of the door furniture has been fitted to the garage doors and once the ground levels have been raised it should help to settle the building into its surroundings.

2016-07-08_13.53.08.jpg

2016-07-08_13.51.44.jpg

20160708_130647.jpg

20160708_131539.jpg

2016-07-08_13.49.54.jpg

Edited by slidersx200
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

Glad to see you back in the saddle.

I've had a bit of a forced break over the last few months (Mis measured trusses, Lost our builder etc), but the site is buzzing with activity now today.

Your house is looking great.  The Garage is sharp.

Did you deal with David at sun renewables?  Having some issues with them now minus David.

D

Cheers folks!

There will be a bit more progress to report by the end of the week all being well :-)

I initially spoke with David at Sun Renewables, but it was mostly Emer who did the rest, assisted in the early stages by Janine. Communication could be a bit hit and miss, which reminds me I need to chase up confirmation all our paperwork was accepted and the payments are all sorted.

Hope you get something sorted!