Can you recommend grout sealer

joe90

Dear all, floor tiles are down and about to grout ( when the temperature rises enough that the water is not frozen?) can anyone recommend a good grout sealer, I would rather pay for a good product that does a good job.

ta

I have porcelanosa tiles and grout. I asked them about a sealer and they said their grout didnt need it...I so hope they are right there is mud everywhere at the mo despite the floor being mostly covered in antinox mats

11 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

Ah yes @joe90, I remember you really love gritty, grotty  grout don't you? Surprised you aren't covering everything with bathboard.:P

I have in the bathrooms!!! But with dog(s) in the future the floors must be hardwaring ( even if the grout is s##t coloured) .

I am very worried about my floor grout. I am very particular about grout, dirty stained grout is a very big no no for me.............. mud and muck has got in around antinox mats and builders are in and out in muddy boots and not now taking as much care as they really should I fear....not a good combo for pale beige grout but I cant be there 24/7 to watch them! 

I asked at Porcelanosa if there would be problem  cleaning it up and they said no it should clean up......I am not convinced and won't know until I start to clean the floor up.

Question - if dirty best way to clean it? Mechanical scrub, bleach?????  Hopefully when cleaned up then just put sealer on?

1 hour ago, lizzie said:

Question - if dirty best way to clean it? Mechanical scrub, bleach?????  Hopefully when cleaned up then just put sealer on?

I have pale cream grout too (big mistake with dogs). When I asked the tile shop about the best way to clean it they sold me this which was ace. The dirt just lifted out with no effort and wiped clean. I have tried other things but this has been the easiest so far. Last time however I didn't have any and resorted to thin bleach and a small brush. Was a lot more labour intensive but it did do the trick. I resealed the grout afterwards but it's an uphill battle in truth. I'm sure that the bleach affects the colour but as my grout was so light there didn't seem to be any difference. 

Mine are ceramic so do check the compatibility of anything you use. 

Edited by newhome
  • Thanks 1