Tiling...many questions

Onoff

On 19/01/2019 at 17:41, Onoff said:

Have considered it. The Lidl mastic gun (which at £3.99 is a steal all day long), comes with these tools. Thinking those thin nozzles might work?

306929_23.thumb.jpg.5250f05b446abb220a6858067bc506ea.jpg

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLidl.htm?articleId=19790

@Nickfromwales, probably a huge no no to the experts but is there any merit it trying to use the gun in the link above to apply tile grout?

It'd certainly force loads into the gaps but would it "ram" it in like you could with a proper rubber grout float?

3 hours ago, Onoff said:

@Nickfromwales, probably a huge no no to the experts but is there any merit it trying to use the gun in the link above to apply tile grout?

It'd certainly force loads into the gaps but would it "ram" it in like you could with a proper rubber grout float?

Negatory, ghost rider. 

Use the float ;)  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, newhome said:

Go on the tilers’ forum and ask and ensure that you post the link here! ?

Like when I asked about plastering my own walls & ceiling on the plasterer's forum no doubt! :)

"Get a proper spread in / you'll cock it up etc!"

THAT in fact went alright.

23 minutes ago, Onoff said:

THAT in fact went alright.

But you weren’t planning to do something out of the ordinary back then ?. When I did a bit of grouting I looked for something similar and came across what looked like a giant icing bag. Reviews were crap though so I decided against. 

2 hours ago, pocster said:

I think i’ll Drink a bottle of champagne ? once the grouting starts . It’s easy to do - just point it nice . Just do it as Nike might say !!

Typo? Just do it as Nick might say! :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Typo? Just do it as Nick might say! :)

I think 

@Nickfromwales says just get the (expletive deleted) on with grouting for (expletive deleted)’s sake “

i believe Nike are about to enter the market for grouting- so a contract is winging its way to Nick as we speak .

Edited by pocster
  • Like 1

SWMBO helping with the grouting. Doing opposite ends so we don't kill each other! :)

Wet room corner tomorrow and maybe around bath.

I PTFE / CT1'd the shower hose connector into the wall. 20 turns of PTFE felt a bit too much tbh.