Welfare hot water, no mains yet

I dont yet have mains water to site and have a need to provide 'hot running water' , All of the heaters i am aware of require a mains connection. I dont think a  kettle will do the job, so an URN seems to also not fit the bill. 

Can anyone point me to an option that can be filled with  a reservoir of cold water that can be electrically heated ?

Thanks in advance

keith

2 minutes ago, nod said:

If it’s for the builders 

they won’t expect hot water 

It tends to be only the large commercial sites that have hot water and clean loos 

And I’d rather wallow in someone else’s shit than work on a WD site. 😜

9 hours ago, ProDave said:

buy a cheap touring caravan, they will provide all you need

I dont see how this provides the mains pressure water that the caravan water heater presumably needs.  Regardless, i have built a 12 x 8 shed . Now i need to provide it with hot running water

53 minutes ago, Post and beam said:

Except they do. Well, the House frame builder does.

Is that MBC? We had a similar requirement in our contract and provided hot water through an instantaneous hot water tap. The frame erectors could not have been less impressed or interested and it was never used once. 

Provide a camping gas hob and a kettle, that will partially satisfy the requirement I should think and will never be used for anything other than making a brew. I don’t suspect they will ‘down tools’ because the hot water isn’t running.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Post and beam said:

I dont see how this provides the mains pressure water that the caravan water heater presumably needs.  Regardless, i have built a 12 x 8 shed . Now i need to provide it with hot running water

Pumped hot water from it's (usually) external cold tank through it's hot water heater.  It provides hot and cold running water and a toilet, the basic requirements.

2 hours ago, Post and beam said:

Except they do. Well, the House frame builder does.

I worked on sites everyday 

Only city centre have hot water 

Do you really need hot water to wash your hands 

Tell your framers to put big boy pants on 

Edited by nod

It's nonsense, isn't it? We have a steel container with a decent setup in it, a nice 'normal' mains connected toilet, a 'normal' sink and hot running water. Yet the contractors we had for our Zinc roof were unable to close the lid on the toilet, often pissed on the floor, always left the light on, usually failed to turn the tap off properly. I felt violated. LOL.

The people who write these guidelines have no grip on reality, where most contractors seem happy to piss in a quiet corner of the site and, at best, rinse their hands off in a bucket of dirty rainwater.

Is this for hand washing or for tea? We take two flasks to site each day, once it’s gone it’s gone. The toilet we hired is a hot water one, requires a generator on site which our groundwork team supplied. They can spark it up, yet to see them do it. We put alcohol hand gel in the toilet which does get used - but the water rarely needs topping up beyond the weekly service. We have a 10l canister in the van which we keep topped up.

We had to prove to the TF company that we’d hired the hot water toilet. Their team is on site next month so I’ll see then if they use it or not…

We got a Site Office sticker and put camping chairs in the shed so when it’s hammering down or they are on a break they can shelter. In reality they sit in their vans when it’s raining and anywhere when it’s lunchtime, even in the bags of sand! 

To be honest i am trying to fulfill what i was told by the TF company is a requirement for them. 

I was talking to the TF erector and mentioned in passing that if the SHED i have built as a welfare unit for them survived the build it will become the wifes potting shed.

He said 'of course it will survive, they wont use it' !