Supplier for tall top hung windows?

We ran into the same issue with aluminium frames, apparently hinges not being able to take the  weight, with around 1m x 1m being the biggest normal size. Ours were mostly 1.2 x 1.4m by design.

Unfortunately, some bastard made the decision to just stick a mullion in the middle and make half side opening without telling us.... So that solved the problem we didn't know we had, in a way we didn't want.

18 months later, it's all but forgotten!

8 hours ago, Crofter said:

I'm struggling to find a supplier for a 1500mm tall window who will offer a top hung option.

Any suggestions?

Try Wood Kraft Moray (part of Russell Construction) - based in Elgin. They custom build the windows, everything made in house (not a cheap solution)

Tel: 01343 549759

Velfac do top guided that height. Guided have more support for the window than top hung and are easier to clean from inside. You can see the difference in how they open on their website.

(Same parent company as Rationel mentioned above)

Our Velux windows are 1600mm and top hung 3G. Not sure if they do 1500mm you’d need to look. 

They are heavy and if there’s a bit of wind it lifts them fully open. 

Just re measured.  My top hung Rationel the 1400mm is just the dimension of the opening sash.  the window including the frame is 1500 tall.

Rationel do top hung and top swung.  I forget which is which but one just hinges at the top, the other is hung on side slides that allow the window to slide down and reverse for cleaning the outer pane from the inside.