Jump to content

What's this called!?


Recommended Posts


Hello all

I'm looking for replacements for the threaded rod + nut combos (they are one piece).  Can't think what they're called to search for them.


They're in brass and used for connecting through bulkheads in this case.  


hopefully the hive mind will come up with something!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The device is an electrode for a salt water chlorine generator for a pool.  It's home made by me.  I can't remember where I got the original nut/bolt combo nor what it is called though.  I keep thinking of a barrel nut but that is something a little different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does look a bit like a tie rod type thing yes!  I wonder whether I could get one of those eye rods that you linked to and put a thread on the inside.  I'd have to find a brass or titanium version to prevent corrosion. 


At least I've something to search on now.  Thanks!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Alan Ambrose said:

Or stainless, lots of yacht parts made like that in stainless.

I don't think stainless steel likes chlorine gas too much.  


Brass suffers less and titanium is ok 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...