Kitchen sink in the middle of the worktop?

looking for opinions on this one. The missus wants the sink the middle of the worktop so that when using the oven you have space directly next to it to lay your trays. I prefer the sink to the left to free up the worktop.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with a sink in the middle and do you find it a hinderance rather than a positive? We have a dishwasher so the sink use is minimal. Still got a few days before the floor gets foamed in, so have a chance to agree to disagree etc.

Cheers!

image.png

image.png

Edited by Super_Paulie

51 minutes ago, Super_Paulie said:

missus wants the sink the middle of the worktop 

Mine agrees.

The other option  is too close to the bulkhead for elbow space and no space for  moving from dirty to clean. Draining board on the left and you are both happy.

20 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Mine agrees.

The other option  is too close to the bulkhead for elbow space and no space for  moving from dirty to clean. Draining board on the left and you are both happy.

This is the better reason for locating it in the middle rather than somewhere to place trays for the oven. 

Edited by Kelvin

Another vote for put it in the middle.

What's the advantage of "freeing up the worktop"? You look to have a similar length on the right hand corner and you've got a big island.

Anyone who wants it on the left tight against the bulkhead has never actually done any washing up.  And don't kid yourself just because you have a dishwasher that you never will do any washing up.

well looks like its unanimous, or all in cahoots with the missus. My thoughts were more room on the top for all the crap gadgets like air fryers etc but yeah, middle might be best to reduce the clutter as well.

11 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Anyone who wants it on the left tight against the bulkhead has never actually done any washing up.  And don't kid yourself just because you have a dishwasher that you never will do any washing up.

we actually had the sink to the left in the old kitchen before we extended, wasnt an issue at all but it was more of necessity as we didnt have the island space then.

image.thumb.png.0bcc4d14440f298f56eaa6713094b6e4.png

1 hour ago, Super_Paulie said:

well looks like its unanimous, or all in cahoots with the missus. My thoughts were more room on the top for all the crap gadgets like air fryers etc but yeah, middle might be best to reduce the clutter as well.

we actually had the sink to the left in the old kitchen before we extended, wasnt an issue at all but it was more of necessity as we didnt have the island space then.

image.thumb.png.0bcc4d14440f298f56eaa6713094b6e4.png

That looks very awkward for washing up.  I am used to space one side for dirty stuff to be washed up and draining rack the other side to put the clean stuff.

14 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That looks very awkward for washing up.  I am used to space one side for dirty stuff to be washed up and draining rack the other side to put the clean stuff.

probably, never actually did any, all just went in the dishwasher. Middle it is in the new version, cheers guys.

Middle.   Mrs Super-Paulie is right.

boiling tap will free up more space and you can get them for under £300.  Best kitchen  decision we made was to get a £300 boiling tap, and second one was not to put the sink at the end of a worktop run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_Paulie said:

i guess leave the washing up decisions to the missus, ammarite lads 🖐️

I quickly worked out the decisions I should stay out of and the decisions my wife didn’t care about. Therefore decisions about the house build haven’t been disagreeable.  

• Like 1