ASHP flow/return through wall

It's coming to the time where I'm planning on ruining my lovely brickwork by coring holes for ASHP flow/return.  I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out how to make it look presentable and finished...

Because I'm using 22mm+19mm walled insulation, I have a 65mm core drill for individual holes if I choose, but I've also seen pictures of installs where a 120mm hole has been cored and both insulated pipes shoved through, looks a dogs dinner though.

I've got various samples of insulation, solar rated, class o, even some plastic coated stuff, but having that poking out of the wall with a bit of sealant round it doesn't strike me as the most 'finished' of methods.

How should I tackle this, 1 hole or 2.  Is there anything I can clad the pipework with, make it look tidy (Would say professional, but some of the google images from MCS co's are far from nice on the eye)?

What would you do, or have you done, had done?  Pictures would help too if you want to share.

Many thanks

Marek 

2 penetrations drilled once ASHP has been positioned to get level holes if possible to make it ‘cleaner’ outside.

likewise for rotary isolator, too many installs it looks like a complete after thought with no thought to visually looking appealing

• Like 1

That's actually neat solution @HughF.

A picture of where the the HP will be sat, pipes into plant room through the scribble, It will sharing space with an A2A unit hence why it's over to the left...  I've seen Trunking used for A2A units pipework, something like that I think would be ideal I think to cover the pipes and brickwork entry.

image.png.e7c2861300602187537c628bfd91ea78.png

I’ve got a question which I thought might be better here than in a new thread. 

ASHP flexible pipe connecting to my underground pipe.

I was just going to get the Intaflex Pre Insulated Heat Pump Hoses. But my 32mm underground pipe terminates with a male 1” BSP, not 28mm compression. As a non-plumber going from 1” BSP to 28mm seems like a real ball ache of different bits. Might be wrong, just my ignorance. 

https://www.bes.co.uk/air-conditioning/installation-equipment/air-source-heat-pump/intaflex-pre-insulated-heat-pump-hoses-1-bsp-f-swivel-x-28mm-comp-x-750mm-pair-25802/

I asked about the internal bore and BES replied that it was 18mm, you can see it on the website. Intatec have no detailed spec on their website. 18mm seems a little tight for high flow systems that suit ASHPs, again might be my ignorance. Anyway after a little reading on BH, I came across Jeremy Harris comments, where he was very relaxed about these connections.

So I’m thinking of fitting Water Softener flexible hoses like these:

https://fountainsofteners.co.uk/28mm-stainless-steel-hoses-pair---straight-x-elbow-800mm-1000mm/

They have 1” BSP at both ends which suit my requirements and are 25mm bore. Is there any reason why these will not suit being used with an ASHP? @Nickfromwales, @PeterW your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. 

The ASHP is only being used for running the UFH, so max temp should be no more than 35°. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nick Laslett said:

Might be wrong

pretty sure you can get a 1" Female to 28mm compression fitting.  Then a short piece of copper with your lever valves on then the flexi tails to your ASHP.

I didn’t use flexi’s….. straight off the 32mm pex into 28mm press adapters, onto 28mm and then onto brass unions threaded straight onto the heat pump.

IMG_3644.thumb.jpeg.dcd4121a1a1103ee61a0574bc8f4254e.jpeg

Edited by HughF
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crispy_wafer said:

@HughF what’s the tape you used on the insulation please?

Self adhesive neoprene hvac tape. Stole a few rolls from my mate who installs Daikin vrv systems… you can get it from eBay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1