Found in toolshed - any ideas, please?

These were found recently in a tool shed and before I get rid of them, I hoped someone could tell me what they are.  They are very heavy (all metal) and the prongs are exceedingly stiff and sharp. 

Any thoughts?

20240301_083127.jpg

20240301_083137.jpg

Funnily on tv recently was an article on weaving with horse hair and they used (bigger) versions of that to de tangle the horse hair like a comb 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

well, I did not think they had anything to do with flower arranging but seems they may be.  Also found a cuple of pictures which use them to shred flax.  Thanks all - will keep them, just in case I need flax or similar shredded.😃

image.jpeg.578afb4c6e4090da4ef36a3f4e7b2afd.jpegimage.jpeg.0ba9b5d7588e84fadef7fe14e57a3069.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Temp said:

carding sheeps

Is that what people do with a sheep in their shed.  First time I have heard it called that.

I the flower frog is tugging on a distant memory.

54 minutes ago, TheMitchells said:

will keep them, just in case I need flax or similar shredded.

When you start to make your own textiles or ropes in your spare time, remember to show us.

I saw a basket being made from yucca (or was it aloe?) leaves, first shredding the leaves with a comb version of these.

53 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

saw a basket being made from yucca

Cornish Palms are really yuccas.

Isn't basket weaving taught by therapists after one has a breakdown.

May be useful info for self builders.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, saveasteading said:

When you start to make your own textiles or ropes in your spare time, remember to show us.

I saw a basket being made from yucca (or was it aloe?) leaves, first shredding the leaves with a comb version of these.

Have plenty of them in the garden - yucca leaves, that is.  just need to find time now! 😄