Wood burning stove crackdown

NSS

4 hours ago, curlewhouse said:

If they ban woodburners in London here is a handy conversion that avoids all that wood smoke: :D

That wasn't quite what i had in mind!

Like Jeremy, our workshop used to one that dripped oil in. I was only brave using petrol a coule of times!!

• 10 months later...

An article in this week's Economist (might be behind a pay wall), entitled: Smoke and mirrors. Wood-burning stoves, the picturesque polluters. The government wages a careful battle against a middle-class favourite.

https://www.economist.com/britain/2018/08/25/wood-burning-stoves-the-picturesque-polluters?frsc=dg|e

The trouble is that the wholesome-looking burners are big emitters of fine particles, specks of dust and soot measuring less than 2.5 micrometres (0.0025 millimetres) which sink deep into the lungs and pass into the bloodstream, causing respiratory and heart diseases. Britain has made strides in reducing fine-particle pollution from most sources in the past few decades (see chart). But home wood-burning has rocketed, and now accounts for 38% of the particles emitted in Britain, more than twice the amount spewed by vehicles.

Edited by Dreadnaught

10 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I often wonder if Mikee ever got his wood burning stove problem sorted?

Or in his neighbours case crap burning stove!

Nah it’s on its 55th page ..!! Got funny a few weeks ago when it turns out that not only have the neighbours employed one of the dodgiest builders in the area, they are basically just extending the chimney ..... and he drops the bombshell that it’s their neighbour of the attached semi..!!! Chimney is in the party wall..!!