UFH noises ?

pauld70

Has it always been like this?

Did anyone touch or maintain the system prior to the noise starting?

When I had air in the system the flow meters bounced about - I would start by bleeding the system.

You have an electrical problem.  Are the lights on top of the actuators really flashing?  or is that an ailiasing problem with the camera?  If they are really flashing, they should not be, and the pulsing of the flow meters looks like a pump is rapidly turning on and off.

Post some close up still shots of all the electrical control boxes, pumps and motorised valves etc so we can see what you have.

Has it only just started doing this.

Lights flashing shouldn't be an issue just loxone showing the state of the system.

LED states

Please note that the status LEDs do not light up while the actuator is moving.

LED state Description
RED with short interruptions No communication to Miniserver possible. Please check the wiring.
ORANGE on with short intervals Tree Device was detected on Tree bus, but is not paired with Miniserver.
GREEN 3 short flashes Communication OK, device paired.
RED blinking Online, valve open more than 90%.
ORANGE blinking Online, valve open between 10% - 90%.
GREEN blinking Online, valve less than 10% open.
RED rapid flashing The error "valve stuck" or "no valve detected" is present. Please check the valve pin, it should be easily movable.

25 minutes ago, ProDave said:

You have an electrical problem.  Are the lights on top of the actuators really flashing?  or is that an ailiasing problem with the camera?  If they are really flashing, they should not be, and the pulsing of the flow meters looks like a pump is rapidly turning on and off.

Post some close up still shots of all the electrical control boxes, pumps and motorised valves etc so we can see what you have.

Has it only just started doing this.

Dave do you need any other photos mate ?

So the flashing lights might be normal, this is not a system I am familliar with, and I don;t think the actuators could be opening and closing that quick.

The water flow is pulsing on and off very rapidly, it has to be the pump as I can't see anything else that would turn on and off as quick.  Somewhere on the pump on that black plastic box will be some buttons and lights.  Try pressing the button to select a different pump mode, and try posting some pictures or video of what the lights on the pump are doing.

Actuators are normally slow-acting devices. The flow pulsing as it does seems too fast to me. I'd be checking that any non-return valves, pressure regulating valves, mixing valves, and pressure vessels  attached to the system are all in good order as it looks more like a hydraulic resonance. Like water hammer...

Just to be clear. It was working fine until it wasn’t. Nothing has changed anywhere on your system both on the heating side and the Loxone side? 

You need to start ruling things out and I’d start with the Loxone system. Can you run the system manually and effectively disconnect the Loxone system?  Presumably it’s possible to put the Loxone actuators into manual mode and fully open them. If you can do that you might be able to determine if the fault is on the heating side or the Loxone side. You can then bring one room back on at a time to potentially further isolate the problem. It could be electrical with something calling for heat rapidly on and off or indeed some kind of hydraulic problem as above. 

Edited by Kelvin

Wow that's super odd - ours has been pretty much silent at all times except for the slight sound of water moving in the pipes. Now I think about it, even that seems odd.

+1 to some actual diagnosis steps. Switch the Loxone box off for a minute, or disconnect the connection to the actuators and see whether most of the rapid stuff stops.

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

So the flashing lights might be normal, this is not a system I am familliar with, and I don;t think the actuators could be opening and closing that quick.

The water flow is pulsing on and off very rapidly, it has to be the pump as I can't see anything else that would turn on and off as quick.  Somewhere on the pump on that black plastic box will be some buttons and lights.  Try pressing the button to select a different pump mode, and try posting some pictures or video of what the lights on the pump are doing.

If it was the pump you might be able to hear it. They generally almost silent when running by rapid pulsing would be audible just because it isn’t constant. Use a long screwdriver as a makeshift stethoscope with the blade placed on the pump and cup

your hand round the top of the handle. Move the tip to different places on the pump. If it’s pulsing you’ll hear it.