Juliet balcony

I fitter the Juliet balcony yesterday afternoon We didn’t think glass would be in keeping with the rural setting So I asked a friend to make one up out of steel The only problem was the weight I had to borrow a digger to lift it up there As four of us couldn’t lift it in place 

D0CF1CB3-BB8B-4EAE-92B0-544EEF8DE079.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nod said:

I fitter the Juliet balcony yesterday afternoon We didn’t think glass would be in keeping with the rural setting So I asked a friend to make one up out of steel The only problem was the weight I had to borrow a digger to lift it up there As four of us couldn’t lift it in place 

D0CF1CB3-BB8B-4EAE-92B0-544EEF8DE079.jpeg

B5C81ABA-71C6-4AD7-8AFA-78B2D5E153CC.jpeg

55 minutes ago, ProDave said:

a proper balcony that you can sit out on

Or more often as bike storage.

I like the old fashioned nut and bolt method where its possible. Resin anchors are often fixed without care. Not in this case obv, but when left to other parties..

Isn’t through the wall fixings a cold bridge? I suppose it depends on wall construction, I would have thought resin anchors into a block wall sufficient (unless they are thermalights which I hate!)

Edited by joe90

49 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Isn’t through the wall fixings a cold bridge?

Yes. but inset it before completing the internal wall, and cap it as well, and its minimal.

It's just that I've come across some very poorly fitted resin bolts in concrete, and brick is weaker (dust/ too smooth a surface/ too thick resin/ not deep enough /not mixed.properly/ glue absent due to pushing the bolt and not turning it.).

1.  24mm foundation bolts pulled out upon tightening the nuts.  2. a hoist fell over with a lorry on it.......neither installed  by me or any of our people!

Managing our own works I've found all the other issues in good time.

BUT I do favour resin anchors IF properly supervised.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

Is that temporary?  Are you later going to fit a proper balcony that you can sit out on?  (I highly recommend that)

No

its just a Juliet for the bedroom