Heatgeek website

A few people mentioning this on the forum. Went for a surf on the interweb to check it out, hoping to find some informative articles to better educate myself so I can follow the thread I started on the intricacies of my own heating system, but ended up getting sucked in to what must be a sales pitch to spend money on a a design service. 
Two questions:

1) is Heatgeek.com any good for learning enough about heating engineering to not get scammed by an engineer; and

2) which of these:

IMG_6304.thumb.jpeg.0e37352d54b617b6cf07958fa294f403.jpeg

is most similar to my house, given I took a 3bed 1930s semi, chopped the back and top off it, added a new roof and loft conversion and 2 storey rear extension and covered the whole thing in about 40mm of K7 EWI plus silicone render.

Is the average of a 1930s house plus a 2020s house, a 1975 house?

Edited by Adsibob

5 hours ago, Adsibob said:

is Heatgeek.com any good for learning enough about heating engineering to not get scammed by an engineer

Probably.  They seem to know what they are doing and understand the technology.

5 hours ago, Adsibob said:

which of these

Work out the weighted mean of the building regs each part is built to.

8 hours ago, Adsibob said:

is Heatgeek.com any good for learning enough about heating engineering to not get scammed by an engineer

Ovo Energy use Heatgeek as the supplier and installer of their ASHPs scheme. So I would be surprised if they tried to scam you.

Thats the old one, new one is something like 225 pages. Covers all the heat geek stuff as no doubt they are one in the same just in more bite size portions

Edited by TonyT